Heat gets to Glendale firefighter during house fire - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

UPDATE

Heat gets to Glendale firefighter during house fire

Posted: Updated:
A Glendale firefighter sprays water on a house that caught fire Wednesday morning. A Glendale firefighter sprays water on a house that caught fire Wednesday morning.
A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure with heat-related symptoms. A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure with heat-related symptoms.
  • More newsMore>>

  • SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'

    SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'

    Monday, April 21 2014 3:13 AM EDT2014-04-21 07:13:43 GMT
    South Korean President Park Geun-hye said Monday that the captain and some crew members of the sunken ferry committed "unforgivable, murderous acts" in the disaster, which left more than 300 people dead or missing.More >>
    South Korean President Park Geun-hye said Monday that the captain and some crew members of the sunken ferry committed "unforgivable, murderous behavior" in the disaster, which left more than 300 people dead or missing.More >>
  • After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security

    After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security

    Monday, April 21 2014 3:06 AM EDT2014-04-21 07:06:47 GMT
    For years, state and local officials have conducted a "tabletop exercise" before the Boston Marathon, a meeting that allows them to study a map of the 26.2-mile course from Hopkinton to Boston's Copley Square...More >>
    For years, state and local officials have conducted a "tabletop exercise" before the Boston Marathon, a meeting that allows them to study a map of the 26.2-mile course from Hopkinton to Boston's Copley Square and plan...More >>
  • Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colorado

    Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colorado

    Sunday, April 20 2014 11:13 PM EDT2014-04-21 03:13:28 GMT
    Tens of thousands gathered for a weekend of Colorado cannabis-themed festivals and entertainment. (Source: MGN) Tens of thousands gathered for a weekend of Colorado cannabis-themed festivals and entertainment. (Source: MGN)
    The 4/20 stoner holiday is going mainstream in Colorado.More >>
    Tens of thousands of revelers raised joints, pipes and vaporizer devices to the sky Sunday at a central Denver park in a defiant toast to the April 20 pot holiday, a once-underground celebration that stepped into the...More >>
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A Glendale firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure, and four adults were displaced after a fire at a community placement home Wednesday morning.

A neighbor called in the fire shortly about 6:15 a.m., said Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department.

The house near Glendale Avenue and Camelback Road was fully involved, Young said. The roof partially collapsed while firefighters battled from the outside.

The firefighter suffered from heat-related issues, Young said, but was later released and expected to fully recover.

A Glendale Fire Department spokesman said the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction within the stove range hood and traveled rapidly up the wall into the attic.

The single-story house was used the community placement home for Southwest Behavior Center, where the four adults lived.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow