Two-year-old out of hospital after swallowing liquid fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Two-year-old out of hospital after swallowing liquid fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More newsMore>>

  • US: Russia is firing across border into Ukraine

    US: Russia is firing across border into Ukraine

    Friday, July 25 2014 7:14 PM EDT2014-07-25 23:14:10 GMT
    The Ukrainian army has reported rebel attacks overnight throughout the restive east, claiming that at one border crossing the rebels were supported by artillery fire from the Russian side.More >>
    Russia is launching artillery attacks from its soil on Ukrainian troops and preparing to move heavier weaponry across the border, the U.S. and Ukraine charged Friday in what appeared to be an ominous escalation of the crisis.More >>
  • Chicken Salad Chick coming to Troy

    Chicken Salad Chick coming to Troy

    Friday, July 25 2014 6:53 PM EDT2014-07-25 22:53:20 GMT
    Chicken Salad Chick officially announced Friday that it is coming to the city of Troy in early 2015. The restaurant will be located at 1113 U.S. Highway 231 South. "We are very excited to make our initialMore >>
    Chicken Salad Chick officially announced Friday that it is coming to the city of Troy in early 2015. The restaurant will be located at 1113 U.S. Highway 231 South.More >>
  • Auburn woman arrested, charged with child abuse

    Auburn woman arrested, charged with child abuse

    Friday, July 25 2014 6:48 PM EDT2014-07-25 22:48:09 GMT
    A 20-year-old Auburn woman has been arrested on charges of aggravated child abuse.  The Auburn Police Division arrested Melanie R. Mitchell on a felony warrant on Thursday, July 24. The arrest is the resMore >>
    A 20-year-old Auburn woman has been arrested on charges of aggravated child abuse.  The Auburn Police Division arrested Melanie R. Mitchell on a felony warrant on Thursday, July 24. The arrest is the result of a complaint of child abuse that was reported to police on Tuesday, July 22. More >>

Little Frankee, the Ohio County child who swallowed a powerful ingredient used to make meth, is out of the hospital and in foster care.

That's what we're hearing from Don Adams, who's helping organize Saturday's benefit for the two-year-old-girl.

Adams says Frankee still has a feeding tube, but is doing very well and is happy. In June, police say the toddler swallowed a drain cleaner known as liquid fire.

Authorities arrested her mother, Rachael Arroyo, and her mother's boyfriend, Jared McStoots. Both are facing several charges in the case.

Registration for Saturday's even is at 9 A.M. at Maloney's on Highland Pointe Drive in Owensboro.

A silent auction, bike, show and more will be held. All money raised will help for Frankee's medical care.

Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow