The WSFA 12 News Hurricane Action Line has been taking your questions and getting the answers you need as Hurricane Ivan moves in. The number to call is (334) 284-5551. Below is a list of the most frequently asked questions and answers.
1. SHOULD I GO TO A SHELTER?
2. WHERE ARE THE SHELTERS IN MY AREA?
3. I HAVE EVACUATED FROM FLORIDA OR SOUTH ALABAMA. AM I SAFE IN MONTGOMERY?
4. IS THERE A NON-EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER TO REPORT STORM DAMAGE?
5. ARE THERE ANY CURFEWS IN EFFECT?
6. WILL MY GARBAGE BE PICKED UP TOMORROW?
7. SHOULD I CRACK MY WINDOWS DURING A HURRICANE?
8. IS INTERSTATE 65 OPEN?
9. IS THE MONTGOMERY AIRPORT OPEN? ARE FLIGHTS CANCELLED?
10. IS THERE A POSSIBILITY THE WATER SYSTEMS WILL SHUT DOWN?
11. CAN I USE THE PHONE IF THE POWER GOES OUT?
12. WILL TAPE HELP PREVENT BROKEN WINDOWS?
13. IS THE AUBURN GAME STILL ON FOR THIS WEEKEND?
14. ARE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES CANCELLED THIS WEEK?
15. I HAVE A PET AND NEED SHELTER WHERE MAY I GO?