Lamesa woman recounts being stabbed 18 times in front of her son - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Lamesa woman recounts being stabbed 18 times in front of her son

Iris Lucio Iris Lucio
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

Iris Lucio never in her wildest dreams thought she would end up in the hospital with 18 stab wounds. Let alone, live to tell the story.

"I remember everything… I don't remember feeling each wound, but I remember everything," Lucio said.

It's a memory that the 27-year-old Lucio would like to forget.

"Just out of nowhere, I felt a huge blow to my right side of my face and as I looked up, I seen that it was him," Lucio said.

Lucio says it was her ex-boyfriend, 32-year-old Leonard Lopez after he broke into her Lamesa home last Sunday night on North 4th Street.

"He was just like, ‘It's not over.' He's like, ‘I'm here to kill you (expletive).'"

Lucio says she immediately thought of her 4-year-old son, Achilles, who was awake in his bedroom.

"He picked me up and threw me to the couch on my back and continued to stab from there. I kicked and I hit and screamed and I only had one person to scream for and that was my son," she said.

Lucio says Lopes stabbed her 18 times as little Achilles watched in horror.

"My brother just pulled up on his bike, on his Harley. So I don't know if he heard my brother's bike, that's why he stopped, or if he just stopped?"

But Lucio is certain if she didn't fight back and her brother didn't show up, she wouldn't be here to tell this story.

"I just really hope and pray that this all works out and I get the help that I need," she said.

Lucio is at home recovering from 18 stab wounds, two broken ribs and a punctured lung. Lopes sits behind bars at the Dawson County Jail charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. His bond is set at $750,000.

"I just want to see him locked up for a long time. I don't ever want to see him again...ever…ever...ever."

Lucio says this isn't the first time Lopes has shown signs of abusiveness towards her. She encourages others who are victims of domestic violence to get help before it's too late.

If you are a victim of domestic violence or know someone who is, you can call Women's Protective Services at (806) 748-5292.

Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved.

Waffle House hero starts GoFundMe for families of victims

Monday, April 23 2018 9:09 PM EDT2018-04-24 01:09:29 GMT
    Monday, April 23 2018 9:09 PM EDT2018-04-24 01:09:29 GMT
    (Source: CNN)(Source: CNN)

James Shaw, Jr. said he's not a hero. But his actions are nothing short of remarkable.

Newgarden wins Indy Grand Prix of Alabama for 3rd time

Monday, April 23 2018 1:58 PM EDT2018-04-23 17:58:44 GMT
    Monday, April 23 2018 9:08 PM EDT2018-04-24 01:08:53 GMT
    (AP Photo/Butch Dill). IndyCar driver Josef Newgarden (1) kicks up a water spray as he leads Will Power of Australia (12) out of a turn during the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at Barber Motorsports Park, Sunday, April 22, 2018, in Birmingham, Ala.(AP Photo/Butch Dill). IndyCar driver Josef Newgarden (1) kicks up a water spray as he leads Will Power of Australia (12) out of a turn during the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at Barber Motorsports Park, Sunday, April 22, 2018, in Birmingham, Ala.
    Drivers return to much drier track for resumption of Indy Grand Prix of Alabama.More >>

Pompeo nomination narrowly clears panel, goes to full Senate

Monday, April 23 2018 1:05 AM EDT2018-04-23 05:05:19 GMT
    Monday, April 23 2018 9:08 PM EDT2018-04-24 01:08:04 GMT
    (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File). In this April 12, 2018, photo, Secretary of State-designate Mike Pompeo speaks during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on his confirmation on Capitol Hill in Washington. President Trump’s nominee for secreta...(AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File). In this April 12, 2018, photo, Secretary of State-designate Mike Pompeo speaks during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on his confirmation on Capitol Hill in Washington. President Trump’s nominee for secreta...
    Trump's nominee for secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, is facing serious opposition before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which may not have enough votes to recommend his confirmation.More >>