Designated Counties for Relief and More Info

Individual assistance is available for individuals and households in the following counties:

  • Autauga
  • Baldwin
  • Barbour
  • Bibb
  • Blount
  • Bullock
  • Butler
  • Calhoun
  • Chilton
  • Choctaw
  • Clarke
  • Clay
  • Coffee
  • Coosa
  • Conecuh
  • Covington
  • Crenshaw
  • Cullman
  • Dale
  • Dallas
  • Elmore
  • Escambia
  • Etowah
  • Fayette
  • Franklin
  • Geneva
  • Greene
  • Hale
  • Jefferson
  • Lamar
  • Lawrence
  • Lee
  • Lowndes
  • Macon
  • Marengo
  • Marshall
  • Marion
  • Mobile
  • Monroe
  • Montgomery
  • Perry
  • Pickens
  • Pike
  • Shelby
  • Saint Clair
  • Sumter
  • Talladega
  • Tallapoosa
  • Tuscaloosa
  • Walker
  • Washington
  • Wilcox
  • Winston

Individuals in the ABOVE counties may call 1-800-621-3362.  This number is for use ONLY by people in the above counties.  Be prepared to give your Social Security number, describe your losses, provide financial information, and give directions to the damaged property.  For a complete guide to applying for disaster relief .

If you are in one of these counties and have immediate emergency needs for food, clothing, shelter, or medical care contact one of the local offices of the American Red Cross.  Their toll free number is 1-866-438-4636.

If your damages are not severe consider waiting before you call FEMA.  Take pictures of damage and save receipts.

NOTE:  It is important to note Montgomery County has not received a declaration for individual or household assistance at this time.  The only declaration for Montgomery County has been for local governments for debris removal.  This declaration is for government property only.  Residents of Montgomery County should NOT be calling FEMA at this time.

Information provided by FEMA and Montgomery County Emergency Management

Here are some additional links and phone numbers you might need following Hurricane Ivan's visit to Alabama:

American Red Cross

Alabama Power

Pioneer Electric