Investigators blame trash for West Nashville fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Investigators blame trash for West Nashville fire

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Investigators say the fire that damaged a West Nashville home started in the trash.

The fire broke out Sunday morning in a trash can behind a house on Georgia Avenue.

Investigators believe the family's cook-out the night before is to blame.

"They had a grill out, a party, last night. They think that an ember or something got in the trash can and, of course, is smoldered, smoldered, smoldered, and started that fire," Chief George Hickey said.

The residents weren't home when the fire broke out.

Firefighters rescued the family's pit bull, who suffered no injuries in the blaze.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow