Woman dies from injuries after Springfield fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Woman dies from injuries after Springfield fire

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

A Springfield woman has died from her injuries after being seriously burned in a fire last Tuesday.

Springfield fire officials said 34-year-old Opal Sanders died from her injuries Monday.

Sanders suffered burns on 80 percent of her body. Her Ambrose Street home caught on fire just before 4 a.m. It started near a stove in the upstairs of her two-story house.

Sanders was taken to Baystate Medical Center with burns to her face, arms and body. She has been transferred to another hospital for burn treatment.

Another resident, 80-year-old Easkine Chaffin, was treated for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow