PD: 15-year-old shoots man 4 times days after killing officer - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

PD: 15-year-old shoots man 4 times days after killing officer

A 19-year-old man now uses a wheelchair after he said he was shot four times at his birthday celebration Aug. 19 by a 15-year-old boy accused in the shooting death of a detention officer. (Source: CBS 5 News) A 19-year-old man now uses a wheelchair after he said he was shot four times at his birthday celebration Aug. 19 by a 15-year-old boy accused in the shooting death of a detention officer. (Source: CBS 5 News)
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

On Aug. 10, a birthday celebration ended in gunfire and forever changed the life of a 19-year-old we'll call John.

"My day is a struggle because I can't do anything by myself," John said.

According to a police report, it was 3 a.m. when 20 unwanted guests showed up looking for a fight.

They were asked to leave. That's when 15-year-old Leonard Moreno hit him with a beer can, John said. He turned around to confront him. That's when John said Moreno pulled a gun.

"I was like 15 feet away and he shot me. I don't remember feeling anything until my friends picked me up," John said.

Moreno is accused in the shooting death of Maricopa County Sheriff's Office detention officer Jorge Vargas two days before.

In the midst of the chaos John's girlfriend, who we will refer to as Desiree, was standing just inches away.

"When he fell to the floor I just fell with him. I got scared and I was hugging him and there was blood everywhere. He was shooting at everyone. He shot the cars, the house, everything," Desiree said.

At the hospital doctors say John almost died four times on the operating table but pulled through. He's out of the hospital but his road to recovery has its challenges.

"My left leg, I don't feel it. They told me it could take years," John said.

But news that his alleged shooter is behind bars lifted his spirits.

"Hell, yeah, I'm glad he's arrested," John said.

John said the night he was shot was the first time he had ever met Moreno.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Olympic gymnastics ex-doctor pleads guilty to sex charges

Wednesday, November 22 2017 1:51 AM EST2017-11-22 06:51:40 GMT
    Thursday, November 23 2017 5:05 PM EST2017-11-23 22:05:23 GMT

Olympic gymnasts Aly Raisman, McKayla Maroney and Gabby Douglas are among the women who have publicly said they were among the doctor's victims.

Macy's Thanksgiving parade revels on amid tight security

Thursday, November 23 2017 12:32 AM EST2017-11-23 05:32:23 GMT
    Thursday, November 23 2017 5:05 PM EST2017-11-23 22:05:07 GMT

The parade will feature heavy security, including officers with assault weapons and portable radiation detectors, sharpshooters on rooftops and sand-filled city sanitation trucks poised as barriers to traffic.

In terror-wary NYC, security tight for Thanksgiving parade

Wednesday, November 22 2017 10:01 AM EST2017-11-22 15:01:53 GMT
    Thursday, November 23 2017 5:04 PM EST2017-11-23 22:04:52 GMT

Security for the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will feature trucks filled with sand, concrete barriers and scores of police officers.