Friday, August 22 2014 11:35 PM EDT2014-08-23 03:35:14 GMT
The streets of Ferguson have been peaceful for another night, as protests and tensions have been subsiding in the St. Louis suburb where unrest had erupted for several nights after a white police officer fatally...More >>
Conditions calmed this week in Ferguson after nights of sometimes violent unrest stemming from the fatal shooting of a black 18-year-old by a white police officer. But a delicate and crucial question lingers: What happens...More >>
Friday, August 22 2014 11:34 PM EDT2014-08-23 03:34:31 GMT
A Wetumpka mother is sounding off after she says her child was abused at day care. The mother says the sad part is her toddler daughter has Down's Syndrome and can't tell her what's going on. This motherMore >>
A Wetumpka mother is sounding off after she says her child was abused at day care.More >>
Friday, August 22 2014 10:52 PM EDT2014-08-23 02:52:37 GMT
Chef Jeff is in and around Montgomery this week filming episodes for his new TV show "Flip my Food." Friday morning Chef Jeff met with golf pros on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at Capitol Hill inMore >>
Chef Jeff is in and around Montgomery this week filming episodes for his new TV show "Flip my Food."More >>
Friday, August 22 2014 8:01 PM EDT2014-08-23 00:01:44 GMT
The Pentagon says a Chinese fighter jet conducted a "dangerous intercept" of a U.S. Navy aircraft three days ago off the coast of China in international airspace.More >>
The Obama administration on Friday accused a Chinese fighter jet of conducting a "dangerous intercept" of a U.S. Navy surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft off the coast of China in international airspace - the fourth...More >>
PHOENIX (CBS5/AP) -
More than 40 residents were evacuated from a Phoenix assisted living home after authorities say a fire broke out in the dining room.
Phoenix police say crews arrived at the Burkeshire facility at 1310 E. McDowell Rd. late Saturday and found smoke throughout the first floor.
Firefighters said the blaze was burning in the wall of the dining room.
Authorities said a cigarette lit a chair on fire in a smoking area outside the building. The blaze then spread to the dining room, which sustained mostly smoke damage.
Residents were evaluated safely but none were transported to a hospital.
The Phoenix Fire Department used city buses to relocate residents.
The Grand Canyon Chapter of the American Red Cross was on hand to help the residents.
No units inside the building were damaged.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
12 East Delano Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36105