Cincinnati Bell CEO explains internet outage - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Cincinnati Bell CEO explains internet outage

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

Cincinnati Bell CEO Ted Torbeck says there have been widespread outages today for Cincinnati Bell's digital cable TV service and for their high speed internet service.

 According to Cincinnati Bell's Public Relations Director Angela Ginty, the issue now is Fioptics TV.  internet service is back up, but the video services network is down. The problems are geographically extensive.

Ginty says sporadic events started happening around 8 a.m. and there was also an internet outage in at least several parts of town in mid-afternoon.

People have been complaining to Cincinnati Bell on their Facebook page, especially about missing the Bengals game.

Around 8:10 p.m. this evening Ted Torbeck, the CEO of Cincinnati Bell, made the following Facebook post:

Cincinnati Bell regrets that we are experiencing significant technical difficulties with Fioptics which has disrupted your services. I apologize to our customers for the inconvenience as we work diligently to determine the cause and restore services. We will be updating this site as we get additional information.

Later on, Cincinnati Bell came out with another statement on Facebook:

We have currently restored 80% of the customers that were affected by the Fioptics outage and are still working on returning service to the remaining 20%. If you are having issues please power cycle the affected set top box. This involves unplugging the set top box from the outlet for 3 minutes before plugging it back into the outlet. The problem you have experienced occurred when the program guide servers failed to connect with a percentage of set top boxes. For status updates please continue to check www.CincinnatiBell.com

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • NewsMore>>

  • Explosion at Indian restaurant in Canada wounds 15 people

    Explosion at Indian restaurant in Canada wounds 15 people

    Friday, May 25 2018 2:42 AM EDT2018-05-25 06:42:29 GMT
    Friday, May 25 2018 10:46 AM EDT2018-05-25 14:46:09 GMT
    Canadian police say an explosion set off deliberately in a restaurant has wounded at least 15 people, some of them critically. (Source: CTV Network via CNN)Canadian police say an explosion set off deliberately in a restaurant has wounded at least 15 people, some of them critically. (Source: CTV Network via CNN)

    Canadian police say an explosion set off deliberately in a restaurant has wounded at least 15 people, some of them critically.

    More >>

    Canadian police say an explosion set off deliberately in a restaurant has wounded at least 15 people, some of them critically.

    More >>
  • Trump balks at North Korea's rhetoric but it has used worse

    Trump balks at North Korea's rhetoric but it has used worse

    Friday, May 25 2018 2:22 AM EDT2018-05-25 06:22:51 GMT
    Friday, May 25 2018 10:45 AM EDT2018-05-25 14:45:54 GMT
    A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment. (Source: CNN)A federal judge in New York says President Donald Trump cannot block his critics on Twitter without violating the First Amendment. (Source: CNN)

    North Korea language was milder than its typical inflammatory, harsh rhetoric but enough for Trump to kill summit.

    More >>

    North Korea language was milder than its typical inflammatory, harsh rhetoric but enough for Trump to kill summit.

    More >>
  • Dems alarmed when WH lawyer shows up at classified briefing

    Dems alarmed when WH lawyer shows up at classified briefing

    Friday, May 25 2018 12:42 AM EDT2018-05-25 04:42:57 GMT
    Friday, May 25 2018 10:45 AM EDT2018-05-25 14:45:38 GMT
    (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin). Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein leaves a classified briefing about the federal investigation into President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign, on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, May 24, 2018.(AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin). Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein leaves a classified briefing about the federal investigation into President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign, on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, May 24, 2018.

    Republican and Democratic lawmakers have received classified briefings about the origins of the FBI investigation into Russia's election meddling.

    More >>

    Republican and Democratic lawmakers have received classified briefings about the origins of the FBI investigation into Russia's election meddling.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly