Dog dies in Georgetown house fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Dog dies in Georgetown house fire

GEORGETOWN, SC (WMBF) - A dog has died after a home fire in the Georgetown area.

Georgetown County Assistant Chief Tony Hucks says a fire in a home on Saints Delight Road was called into authorities around 7 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, flames where escaping through the roof of the single story home. A man, woman, baby, a couple dogs and a pet deer were asleep in the home.

A woman driving by saw smoke and alerted everyone in the home. The man and woman were babysitting and escaped the home with the child. One dog died in the fire.

It appears the fire was started by an electrical issue in the kitchen area and the home is a total loss.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Deadly virus threatens local crawfish industry

    Deadly virus threatens local crawfish industry

    Tuesday, May 23 2017 7:26 PM EDT2017-05-23 23:26:19 GMT

    A deadly virus is threatening the crawfish industry in Southwest Louisiana. It's called white spot syndrome virus and it was first discovered in Thailand, but somehow it made its way to ponds in South Louisiana and specialists are struggling to find the funds to research a solution.  “The catch was increasing and increasing and then it dropped 70% and that's when you saw the dead crawfish floating in the water,” said a crawfish farmer of 34 years, Ian Garbarino. He...

    More >>

    A deadly virus is threatening the crawfish industry in Southwest Louisiana. It's called white spot syndrome virus and it was first discovered in Thailand, but somehow it made its way to ponds in South Louisiana and specialists are struggling to find the funds to research a solution.  “The catch was increasing and increasing and then it dropped 70% and that's when you saw the dead crawfish floating in the water,” said a crawfish farmer of 34 years, Ian Garbarino. He...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly