Thursday, July 24 2014 2:35 AM EDT2014-07-24 06:35:51 GMT
The U.S. Supreme Court cleared the way for Arizona to carry out its third execution in the past year Wednesday following a closely watched First Amendment fight over the secrecy surrounding lethal injection drugs.More >>
A condemned Arizona inmate gasped for more than an hour and a half during his execution Wednesday before he died in an episode sure to add to the scrutiny surrounding the death penalty in the U.S.More >>
Thursday, July 24 2014 12:52 AM EDT2014-07-24 04:52:54 GMT
Dozens of Palestinian families trapped by clashes between Hamas militants and Israeli troops are scrambling to flee a southern Gaza Strip neighborhood as Israel reported that two more of its soldiers have died in...More >>
The United States announced signs of progress in cease-fire talks Wednesday, but prospects for a quick end to the fighting were dim as Palestinian families fled fierce battles in southern Gaza and the death toll rose to...More >>
Thursday, July 24 2014 12:37 AM EDT2014-07-24 04:37:16 GMT
Scam artists are targeting customers of the Central Alabama Electric Cooperative, or CAEC, according to company officials.CAEC is issuing an alert to its members, as well as the general public, to be awareMore >>
The phone rings and the caller demands payment and threatens to shut off your power if you don't hand over bank or credit card information. Central Alabama Electric Cooperative and other Alabama co-ops are having it happen to customers and they don't want others to fall prey to con artists. More >>
KANSAS CITY, KS (KCTV) -
Firefighters were called to Francis Willard Elementary School on a possible gas leak early Thursday morning.
The school, located near North 34th Street and Orville Avenue, just east of Interstate 635, was not in session at the time, but adults in the school reported smelling an odor shortly after 7:30 a.m.
As a precaution, the Kansas City, KS, Fire Department and gas company were called, and the adults evacuated the building.
Shortly after arriving on the scene the gas company fixed the problem, but it has not yet been released what the problem was.
Students appeared to start school on time. No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.
12 East Delano Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36105