Cooking leads to explosion, structure fire - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Cooking incident leads to explosion, structure fire

Posted: Updated:
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

According to the owner of the house on Nottingham Drive, he was trying to deep-fry a turkey.

The owner took a walk down the street, while the turkey was deep-frying. Neighbors and wife heard an explosion around 3 p.m. on Saturday. The owner had two vehicles near where he was cooking. The vehicles caught fire and then exploded, causing a nearby shed to catch fire.

Southside Fire Department responded and put the fire out.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow