Diocese of Springfield reopens talks with FEMA - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Diocese of Springfield reopens talks with FEMA

SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

Officials at the Diocese of Springfield told CBS 3 that talks have resumed between them and FEMA as they look for federal assistance in the aftermath of the tornado from June of 2011.

The talks focused on Cathedral High School and St. Michael's Academy preschool and middle schools.

The diocese opened up talks again with FEMA earlier this week.

While church structures are usually exempt from federal aid, the schools are open to the community, so they can qualify.

Talks were paused while the diocese dealt with its primary insurance carrier.

Two months ago, they settled for $60 million with Catholic Mutual Insurance Company.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Family of Springfield hit-and-run victim speaks out

    Family of Springfield hit-and-run victim speaks out

    Monday, September 25 2017 3:19 PM EDT2017-09-25 19:19:22 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 3:53 PM EDT2017-09-25 19:53:24 GMT
    (Submitted photo)(Submitted photo)

    The family of a child hit and killed by a car Sunday night is speaking out.

    More >>

    The family of a child hit and killed by a car Sunday night is speaking out.

    More >>
  • Another patient speaks on mistreatment at addiction center

    Another patient speaks on mistreatment at addiction center

    Monday, September 25 2017 10:54 PM EDT2017-09-26 02:54:19 GMT
    Tuesday, September 26 2017 10:45 AM EDT2017-09-26 14:45:23 GMT

    We first reported about CleanSlate accusations in West Springfield back in July, after a local woman told us the center denied care to her fiance.

    More >>

    We first reported about CleanSlate accusations in West Springfield back in July, after a local woman told us the center denied care to her fiance.

    More >>
  • Man accused of killing boy who tried protecting sister from sexual assault

    Man accused of killing boy who tried protecting sister from sexual assault

    Tuesday, September 26 2017 7:57 AM EDT2017-09-26 11:57:23 GMT
    This undated photo provided by the Sacramento Police Department shows Deandre Chaney Jr. On Saturday, Sept. 2, 2017. (Sacramento Police Department via AP)This undated photo provided by the Sacramento Police Department shows Deandre Chaney Jr. On Saturday, Sept. 2, 2017. (Sacramento Police Department via AP)

    An 8-year-old California boy was trying to protect his little sister from being molested when his mother’s boyfriend attacked his family with a hammer, according to prosecutors.

    More >>

    An 8-year-old California boy was trying to protect his little sister from being molested when his mother’s boyfriend attacked his family with a hammer, according to prosecutors.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly