Hurricanes suffer first loss of season - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Hurricanes suffer first loss of season

AMERICUS, GA (WALB) -

It seemed well in hand that the Georgia Southwestern Hurricanes would move to 11-0 heading into the second half of the season.

But a 16 point lead evaporated in the final minutes before a Joshuah Davis three-pointer sent the 18th-ranked Canes to their first loss of the season.

GSW surrendered 44 second half points to the previously 3-5 Fort Valley State Wildcats en route to a 73-70 defeat.

Darius Redding scored 18 points to lead the way for the Hurricanes.

GSW is off until the new year, when they take on Young Harris on the road January 4th.

Copyright 2013 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

  • SPORTSSPORTSMore>>

  • 4 Alabama players taken in first round of 2018 NFL Draft

    4 Alabama players taken in first round of 2018 NFL Draft

    Thursday, April 26 2018 11:56 PM EDT2018-04-27 03:56:14 GMT
    (Source: University of Alabama)(Source: University of Alabama)

    Four Alabama Crimson Tide players have been taken in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

    More >>

    Four Alabama Crimson Tide players have been taken in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

    More >>
  • Biscuits superfan marks 1,000th game

    Biscuits superfan marks 1,000th game

    Thursday, April 26 2018 10:58 PM EDT2018-04-27 02:58:16 GMT
    Biscuits superfan RIchard Chamberlain marked his 1,000th game recently. (Source: WSFA 12 News)Biscuits superfan RIchard Chamberlain marked his 1,000th game recently. (Source: WSFA 12 News)
    Biscuits superfan RIchard Chamberlain marked his 1,000th game recently. (Source: WSFA 12 News)Biscuits superfan RIchard Chamberlain marked his 1,000th game recently. (Source: WSFA 12 News)

    Have you met Richard Chamberlain yet? If not, you've certainly seen him if you've been to a Montgomery Biscuits baseball game.

    More >>

    Have you met Richard Chamberlain yet? If not, you've certainly seen him if you've been to a Montgomery Biscuits baseball game.

    More >>
  • Foster's accuser recants domestic violence accusations

    Foster's accuser recants domestic violence accusations

    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:49 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:49:25 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 12:22 PM EDT2018-04-26 16:22:01 GMT
    (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez, File). FILE - In this April 12, 2018, file photo, San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster arrives at Santa Clara County Superior Court in San Jose, Calif.  The attorney for the ex-girlfriend of Reuben Foster says her...(AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez, File). FILE - In this April 12, 2018, file photo, San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster arrives at Santa Clara County Superior Court in San Jose, Calif. The attorney for the ex-girlfriend of Reuben Foster says her...
    The attorney for the ex-girlfriend of Reuben Foster says her client initially lied to authorities when she accused the San Francisco 49ers linebacker of hitting her leading to domestic violence charges.More >>
    The attorney for the ex-girlfriend of Reuben Foster says her client initially lied to authorities when she accused the San Francisco 49ers linebacker of hitting her leading to domestic violence charges.More >>
Powered by Frankly