Family displaced following Somerville fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Family displaced following Somerville fire

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to a bedroom. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to a bedroom.
  • More newsMore>>

  • Family of slain USA student Gil Collar loses home in house fire

    Family of slain USA student Gil Collar loses home in house fire

    Monday, September 1 2014 10:04 AM EDT2014-09-01 14:04:13 GMT
    The family of Gil Collar, the University of South Alabama student who was shot and killed on campus in October of 2012, are picking up the pieces after losing their home in a house fire.More >>
    The family of Gil Collar, the University of South Alabama student who was shot and killed on campus in October of 2012, are picking up the pieces after losing their home in a house fire.More >>
  • Israeli children return to school after Gaza war

    Israeli children return to school after Gaza war

    Monday, September 1 2014 9:19 AM EDT2014-09-01 13:19:31 GMT
    Thousands of Israeli children in areas near the Gaza Strip went back to school Monday after spending the summer in bomb shelters as rockets and mortars rained on their communities during the 50-day Israel-Hamas...More >>
    Thousands of Israeli children in areas near the Gaza Strip went back to school Monday after spending the summer in bomb shelters as rockets and mortars rained on their communities during the 50-day Israel-Hamas war, while...More >>
  • Casting call held in Opelika

    Casting call held in Opelika

    Monday, September 1 2014 9:09 AM EDT2014-09-01 13:09:25 GMT
    Opelikans of all ages came out to audition for the movie "White Water" on Sunday.           "I've been acting at a lot at school and home and at my church too. Really getting ready for things I wouldMore >>
    Opelikans of all ages came out to audition for the movie "White Water" on Sunday.           "I've been acting at a lot at school and home and at my church too. Really getting ready for things I wouldMore >>
SOMERVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

A Morgan County family was left out in the cold early Tuesday morning after a fire damaged their home.

The fire started around 1 a.m. on Gaines Drive in Somerville. Firefighters saw smoke and flames coming from a back bedroom. They contained the fire to the bedroom, but the rest of the house suffered smoke damage.

No one was hurt. Power had to be cut off to the home. There's no word on where the family is staying.

Remember, when breaking news happens, we break it first online, by email, and by text. If you want to receive our breaking news alerts by text, pull out your phone right now and text NEWS to 44848. Message and data rates may apply. You can text STOP at any time to cancel your subscription, text HELP for more information, or call 877-571-0774 for support.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow