No injuries reported after Smiths Station house fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

No injuries reported after Smiths Station house fire

Posted: Updated:
(Photo credit: Jarrod Six) (Photo credit: Jarrod Six)
(Photo credit: Jarrod Six) (Photo credit: Jarrod Six)
Photo sent in by a viewer Photo sent in by a viewer
  • More newsMore>>

  • Ukraine parliament ratifies EU pact

    Ukraine parliament ratifies EU pact

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 7:31 AM EDT2014-09-16 11:31:42 GMT
    The city council in Donetsk says three people have been killed and five wounded in shelling overnight in the city in eastern Ukraine.More >>
    Ukraine's parliament ratified an agreement to deepen economic and political ties with the European Union on Tuesday, and passed legislation to grant autonomy to the rebellious east as part of a peace deal.More >>
  • National education report slaps Alabama with failing grades

    New report ranks Alabama among the worst in nation for student achievement

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 6:48 AM EDT2014-09-16 10:48:17 GMT
    Alabama schools received mostly failing grades in a new national report. The report by the United States Chamber of Commerce Foundation ranks Alabama near the bottom when it comes to student achievement.More >>
    Alabama schools received mostly failing grades in a new national report. The report by the United States Chamber of Commerce Foundation ranks Alabama near the bottom when it comes to student achievement. Alabama did an average job in some areas but overall, the report indicates significant improvement is needed.More >>
  • 10 things to know for Tuesday

    10 things to know for Tuesday

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 6:16 AM EDT2014-09-16 10:16:33 GMT
    Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:More >>
    Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:More >>
SMITHS STATION, AL (WTVM) -

It is still unknown at this time what caused a house to catch fire in Smiths Station on Thursday evening.

The family was not home when the house caught fire. Witnesses say the woman who lived in the home was relieved when rescue crews brought out her deceased father's military flag. They say it was wet and covered in soot but not burned.

The Crawford Fire Department was in charge of the fire and the Salem Volunteer Fire Department assisted in transporting water.

No word yet on how much damage was caused by the flames.

Copyright 2014 WTVM. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow