Man sues Norwood police over wrongful imprisonment - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Man sues Norwood police over wrongful imprisonment

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19/AP) -

A Cincinnati man is suing two police officers after he was wrongfully jailed for nearly two months on felony cocaine charges even though video footage would have shown they had the wrong man.

Maurice Snow filed the federal civil rights lawsuit Monday against a Norwood police detective and lieutenant.

A police spokesman didn't immediately return a call for comment Tuesday.

Court records show that the 29-year-old Snow was arrested Oct. 18 and booked on four cocaine charges. Snow says he was working third shift at Graeter's at the time of the bust.

"I just thought they had the wrong person at first," Snow tells FOX19. "I told them to take me to Norwood Police so I can show them they have the wrong person."

The lawsuit says Snow was accused of being the drug dealer in surveillance videos that police took of controlled drug buys.

"My job has records. I was there on that day," says Snow. "I told [the police] you can call them."

Snow was jailed for over 50 days before his then-attorney saw the footage and showed a prosecutor, who agreed Snow couldn't have been the dealer.

"I lost my whole life, I lost everything I owned," explains Snow. "I lost visitation with my son. I got no explanation; they never reached out to me, not to this day."

Snow was released immediately.

"They had video before they locked me up, but they still sent me down there for 57 days, with murderers and robbers for something that I did not do," says Snow.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press/FOX19. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Mom: Preschool's ban of the term 'best friend' is silly

Friday, April 20 2018 10:28 AM EDT2018-04-20 14:28:07 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 8:59 PM EDT2018-04-22 00:59:54 GMT

A Massachusetts family is looking for a new preschool for their 4-year-old daughter because her current school has barred use of the term 'best friend.'.

Thousands sing 'Happy Birthday' to Queen Elizabeth II

Saturday, April 21 2018 6:54 AM EDT2018-04-21 10:54:10 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 8:55 PM EDT2018-04-22 00:55:28 GMT
    (Toby Melville/Pool Photo via AP). Britain's Queen Elizabeth raises her glass during speeches at The Queen's Dinner, during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting at Buckingham Palace in London, Thursday, April 19, 2018.(Toby Melville/Pool Photo via AP). Britain's Queen Elizabeth raises her glass during speeches at The Queen's Dinner, during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting at Buckingham Palace in London, Thursday, April 19, 2018.

Queen Elizabeth II is marking her 92nd birthday with a star-studded concert in London.

Israel's Lieberman blames Hamas over Gaza deaths

Saturday, April 21 2018 1:44 AM EDT2018-04-21 05:44:10 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 8:54 PM EDT2018-04-22 00:54:49 GMT
    (AP Photo/Adel Hana). Palestinian protesters evacuate a wounded youth during clashes with Israeli troops along Gaza's border with Israel, east of Khan Younis, Gaza Strip, Friday, April 20, 2018. Thousands of Palestinians joined the fourth weekly protes...(AP Photo/Adel Hana). Palestinian protesters evacuate a wounded youth during clashes with Israeli troops along Gaza's border with Israel, east of Khan Younis, Gaza Strip, Friday, April 20, 2018. Thousands of Palestinians joined the fourth weekly protes...

Gaza health officials say 4 Palestinians, including 15-year-old boy, killed by Israeli army fire as thousands join fourth weekly protests on Gaza border.