Bathroom fan cause of minor Gilbert house fire - WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Bathroom fan cause of minor Gilbert house fire

Posted: Updated:
Smoke emanates from the roof of a Gilbert house after a bathroom fan caught fire Thursday morning. (Source: CBS 5 News) Smoke emanates from the roof of a Gilbert house after a bathroom fan caught fire Thursday morning. (Source: CBS 5 News)
  • More newsMore>>

  • Gas supplies interrupted by Wyoming plant blast

    Gas supplies interrupted by Wyoming plant blast

    Thursday, April 24 2014 5:55 PM EDT2014-04-24 21:55:43 GMT
    Residents and emergency crews were waiting for a fire to burn itself out after an explosion at a natural gas processing plant in a small town in southwestern Wyoming.More >>
    It remains to be seen just how much of a lasting natural gas-price spike people in the West will feel after a dramatic explosion and fire at a major gas processing plant in western Wyoming.More >>
  • Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east

    Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east

    Thursday, April 24 2014 5:46 PM EDT2014-04-24 21:46:01 GMT
    Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov says police have cleared the city hall in a southeastern city of pro-Russian protesters who had been occupying it for over a week.More >>
    Russia announced new military exercises Thursday involving ground and air forces near its border with Ukraine, swiftly responding to a Ukrainian operation to drive pro-Russia insurgents out of occupied buildings in the...More >>
  • Google, Apple settle high-tech workers' lawsuit

    Google, Apple settle high-tech workers' lawsuit

    Thursday, April 24 2014 5:17 PM EDT2014-04-24 21:17:12 GMT
    Google, Apple, Intel and Adobe have settled a class-action lawsuit alleging they conspired to prevent their engineers and highly sought technology workers from getting better job offers from one another.More >>
    Google, Apple, Intel and Adobe have settled a class-action lawsuit alleging they conspired to prevent their engineers and highly sought technology workers from getting better job offers from one another.More >>
GILBERT, AZ (CBS5) -

Gilbert firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to pinpoint the source of an attic fire Thursday morning.

The residents of a home near Higley and Elliot roads reported the fire just before 6 a.m. and firefighters found that a bathroom fan caught fire and the flames had extended into the attic, said Brian Ruffentine of the Gilbert Fire Department.

They used the camera to pinpoint the exact location of the fire and pulled down the ceiling to fight it, minimizing the damage to the home's interior, Ruffentine said.

The family evacuated while firefighters extinguished the fire.

There was no damage estimate available.

Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow