Strong currents, rain and bad visibility hampered an increasingly anxious search Thursday for 287 passengers, many thought to be high school students, still missing more than a day after their ferry flipped onto...More >>
Fresh questions arose about whether quicker action by the captain of a doomed ferry could have saved lives, even as rescuers scrambled to find hundreds of passengers still missing Friday and feared dead.More >>
Friday, April 18 2014 1:00 AM EDT2014-04-18 05:00:40 GMT
Eight million people have signed up for health care through new insurance exchanges, President Barack Obama said Thursday, besting expectations and offering new hope to Democrats who are defending the law ahead of...More >>
Eight million people have signed up for health care through new insurance exchanges and the proportion of younger applicants has increased, President Barack Obama said Thursday. The enrollments exceeded expectations and...More >>
As word spread of a spiraling fire at this Texas town's fertilizer plant, volunteers raced to protect families and elderly residents who lived nearby. Then came the deafening explosion.More >>
Rev. Terry McElrath heard the deafening boom. The pastor spun around and saw a column of smoke billowing into the sky above his small Texas town. He immediately thought, "Somebody has died tonight."More >>
A robotic submarine completed its first successful scan of the seabed Thursday in the hunt for the missing Malaysian plane, and investigators were analyzing the sub's data while also trying to identify the...More >>
A robotic submarine headed back down into the depths of the Indian Ocean on Friday to scour the seafloor for any trace of the missing Malaysian jet one month after the search began off Australia's west coast, as data...More >>
HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -
Crews tell us a grease fire may be responsible for a house fire in Henrico's East End.
Officials were called to the 55500 block of Raleigh Road around 12:16 a.m. Saturday for reports of a house fire. Once on scene units found a small kitchen fire which was quickly extinguished and marked under control around 12:35 a.m. Saturday.
Minor fire damage was done to the kitchen and light smoke damage was reported throughout the house. The cause of the fire appears to be due to a grease fire on the stove.
A man was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene of the fire, but was not transported to the hospital. That man is temporarily displaced by the fire and is being assisted by the Red Cross.
Henrico County Division of Fire urges everyone to take care when cooking and never leave cooking unattended.
Thursday, April 17 2014 9:05 PM EDT2014-04-18 01:05:03 GMT
A Mount Tabor reservoir that holds Portland's drinking water has been taken offline out of fear that a group of trespassers urinated in it. Five people were seen at Mount Tabor Park around 1 a.m. Wednesday.More >>
A Mount Tabor reservoir that holds Portland's drinking water has been taken offline after a teenager urinated in the reservoir. More >>
Thursday, April 17 2014 4:43 PM EDT2014-04-17 20:43:50 GMT
Officials with the VA Medical Center in downtown Charleston say a North Charleston man who was initially federally charged with a $525 fine for an $.89 drink refill will instead be given a warning.More >>
Officials with the VA Medical Center in downtown Charleston say a North Charleston man who was initially federally charged with a $525 fine for an $.89 drink refill will instead be given a warning. More >>