Homeowner, dogs escape house fire in Madison - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Homeowner, dogs escape house fire in Madison

Posted: Updated:
  • More newsMore>>

  • Family of slain USA student Gil Collar loses home in house fire

    Family of slain USA student Gil Collar loses home in house fire

    Monday, September 1 2014 10:04 AM EDT2014-09-01 14:04:13 GMT
    The family of Gil Collar, the University of South Alabama student who was shot and killed on campus in October of 2012, are picking up the pieces after losing their home in a house fire.More >>
    The family of Gil Collar, the University of South Alabama student who was shot and killed on campus in October of 2012, are picking up the pieces after losing their home in a house fire.More >>
  • Israeli children return to school after Gaza war

    Israeli children return to school after Gaza war

    Monday, September 1 2014 9:19 AM EDT2014-09-01 13:19:31 GMT
    Thousands of Israeli children in areas near the Gaza Strip went back to school Monday after spending the summer in bomb shelters as rockets and mortars rained on their communities during the 50-day Israel-Hamas...More >>
    Thousands of Israeli children in areas near the Gaza Strip went back to school Monday after spending the summer in bomb shelters as rockets and mortars rained on their communities during the 50-day Israel-Hamas war, while...More >>
  • Casting call held in Opelika

    Casting call held in Opelika

    Monday, September 1 2014 9:09 AM EDT2014-09-01 13:09:25 GMT
    Opelikans of all ages came out to audition for the movie "White Water" on Sunday.           "I've been acting at a lot at school and home and at my church too. Really getting ready for things I wouldMore >>
    Opelikans of all ages came out to audition for the movie "White Water" on Sunday.           "I've been acting at a lot at school and home and at my church too. Really getting ready for things I wouldMore >>
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Crews worked to put out a fire at a home on Sanitarium Road in Madison Monday morning.

Officials say the homeowner went outside to check on his dogs, and when he came back inside, he smelled smoke.

"It appears to be electrical in nature, but by the time firefighters got on scene, when he called it in, it was fully involved," said Buddy Byers, district chief with the Nashville Fire Department.

No one, including the homeowner's dogs, was hurt in the blaze.

The house is said to be a total loss.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow