Man taken to hospital after fire at Sumner County home - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Update

Man taken to hospital after fire at Sumner County home

Posted: Updated: Feb 18, 2014 3:40 PM
  • More newsMore>>

  • Another American hostage at risk by Islamic State

    Another American hostage at risk by Islamic State

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 8:24 AM EDT2014-08-20 12:24:23 GMT
    Militants with the Islamic State extremist group have beheaded American journalist James Foley and are threatening to kill another hostage in retaliation for U.S. airstrikes in northern Iraq.More >>
    In a horrifying act of revenge for U.S. airstrikes in northern Iraq, militants with the Islamic State extremist group have beheaded American journalist James Foley - and are threatening to kill another hostage, U.S....More >>
  • Montgomery City Council passes pet ordinance

    Montgomery City Council passes pet ordinance

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 8:12 AM EDT2014-08-20 12:12:07 GMT
    The Montgomery City Council passed a new pet ordinance Tuesday night that includes an increased fee for pet owners whose dogs bite someone.The fee is going from ten dollars to one hundred dollars. TheMore >>
    The Montgomery City Council passed a new pet ordinance Tuesday night that includes an increased fee for pet owners whose dogs bite someone.More >>
  • 10 Things to Know for Today

    10 Things to Know for Today

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 8:04 AM EDT2014-08-20 12:04:17 GMT
    Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:More >>
    By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:More >>
GALLATIN, TN (WSMV) -

Hours after a fire destroyed a Sumner County home on Tuesday, firefighters had to return.

The mobile home on Butler Mill Hollow Road in the Bethpage area rekindled just after 8 p.m.

Authorities say firefighters planned to flood the debris with water to keep it from happening again.

The homeowner was there when the home caught fire the first time and was taken to the hospital for chest pains.

The fire is believed to have started in a back bedroom, and fire crews from three departments responded to extinguish the flames.

A fire official said the home had an aluminum roof covered by a shingle roof, so the fire got between the two layers and continued to burn.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow