Friday, August 22 2014 8:01 PM EDT2014-08-23 00:01:44 GMT
The Pentagon says a Chinese fighter jet conducted a "dangerous intercept" of a U.S. Navy aircraft three days ago off the coast of China in international airspace.More >>
The Obama administration on Friday accused a Chinese fighter jet of conducting a "dangerous intercept" of a U.S. Navy surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft off the coast of China in international airspace - the fourth...More >>
Friday, August 22 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-08-22 23:59:07 GMT
Ukraine's armed forces say they have caused heavy casualties among pro-Russian separatist forces, although their overall advance quelling the rebel resistance remains haphazard and faltering.More >>
Tensions between Russia and Ukraine escalated sharply on Friday as Moscow sent more than 130 trucks rolling across the border in what it said was a mission to deliver humanitarian aid. Ukraine called it a "direct...More >>
Friday, August 22 2014 7:54 PM EDT2014-08-22 23:54:02 GMT
A Dallas County 18-year-old has been charged with capital murder and robbery in the death of a 58-year-old man this week. Dallas County authorities say Stephen Sizemore was shot and killed in his homeMore >>
A Dallas County 18-year-old has been charged with capital murder and robbery in the death of a 58-year-old man this week.More >>
Friday, August 22 2014 7:40 PM EDT2014-08-22 23:40:42 GMT
(WMC) – New research found a parent's work schedule may influence their child's weight, but there are some ways to help prevent children from becoming overweight. According to the Center for Disease ControlMore >>
New research found a parent's work schedule may influence their child's weight, but there are some ways to help prevent children from becoming overweight.More >>
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Here are ten things Kentuckiana will be talking about today:
1. Ryan Hoke says expect more rain – Ryan Hoke of the WAVE 3 Storm Tracking Team says the early morning will feature a line of showers and thunderstorms that will contain lightning, briefly heavy rain, and gusty winds. The afternoon looks dry for the most part with cloudy skies and temperatures topping out in the mid 60s. Click to find out what you can expect for this weekend's forecast.
3. Snow day compromise – Kentucky's General Assembly is closer than ever to providing school districts with relief for snow makeup days, although it's likely too late for some districts. Click to find out when schools are expect to end.
4. Coaches' press conference – Head coaches for University of Kentucky and University of Louisville spoke yesterday in a press conference and had a lot to say about each other. Go to WAVE 3 Sports page to see the entire news conference.
5. Fake tickets for the game – Tickets are reportedly going for 500 percent more than face values which mean scammers will be trying to sell fake tickets. Law enforcement says they will be out too looking for anyone selling fake tickets. Fans are asked to look for a yellow card that all ticker brokers are required to carry.
7. Kentucky State Police handing out free shirts – Whether you bleed red or blue a great way to show your spirit is by wearing your team's shirt. Kentucky State Police will be targeting fans for that very reason. Find out where and how to get a free shirt.
8. Amazon job fair – Today is the last day to apply for one of 200 job openings at Amazon. The job fair will be held at WorkOne on State Street in New Albany. The job fair is from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
9. Banning e- cigarettes – The Kentucky House has passed a bill that would ban the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors. Find out what the next steps are and what supporters are saying.
10. Safety details for Sweet Sixteen match up – The Louisville Metro Police Department has announced its plan to ensure UofL and UK fan celebrations in Derby City remain orderly and safe tonight. Click to find the safety detail plan for tonight.