Couple credits cat with saving their lives - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Couple credits cat with saving their lives

Cat credited with saving family's lives (Source: TFD) Cat credited with saving family's lives (Source: TFD)
Damage to home (Source: TFD) Damage to home (Source: TFD)
Damage to home (Source: TFD) Damage to home (Source: TFD)
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • KOLD INVESTIGATES: Hospital in jeopardy

    KOLD INVESTIGATES: Hospital in jeopardy

    Wednesday, May 23 2018 11:41 PM EDT2018-05-24 03:41:10 GMT
    Chayse Vance was a young lady with an eye for art and a heart of gold, according to her family. She hung herself after a stay at the Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital, which has a shocking number of violations. (Source: Vance Family)Chayse Vance was a young lady with an eye for art and a heart of gold, according to her family. She hung herself after a stay at the Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital, which has a shocking number of violations. (Source: Vance Family)
    Chayse Vance was a young lady with an eye for art and a heart of gold, according to her family. She hung herself after a stay at the Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital, which has a shocking number of violations. (Source: Vance Family)Chayse Vance was a young lady with an eye for art and a heart of gold, according to her family. She hung herself after a stay at the Sonora Behavioral Health Hospital, which has a shocking number of violations. (Source: Vance Family)

    One Tucson hospital stands out in Arizona for its violations. Our investigative team logged and analyzed piles of data from the state department of health services to find out who's to blame and what's being done.

    More >>

    One Tucson hospital stands out in Arizona for its violations. Our investigative team logged and analyzed piles of data from the state department of health services to find out who's to blame and what's being done.

    More >>
  • DCS: Toddler died after taking morphine

    DCS: Toddler died after taking morphine

    Thursday, May 24 2018 7:05 PM EDT2018-05-24 23:05:07 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    A Cochise County toddler died May 4, 2017, after taking a morphine pill she found on the floor, according to the Arizona Department of Child Safety.

    More >>

    A Cochise County toddler died May 4, 2017, after taking a morphine pill she found on the floor, according to the Arizona Department of Child Safety.

    More >>
  • New X-rated Snapchat channel from Cosmo has parents concerned

    New X-rated Snapchat channel from Cosmo has parents concerned

    Thursday, May 24 2018 1:48 PM EDT2018-05-24 17:48:29 GMT
    The new "Cosmo After Dark" channel on Snapchat has some parents concerned. Some critics are calling the content pornographic. (WXIX)The new "Cosmo After Dark" channel on Snapchat has some parents concerned. Some critics are calling the content pornographic. (WXIX)

    The new "Cosmo After Dark" channel on Snapchat has some parents concerned. Some critics are calling the content pornographic.

    More >>

    The new "Cosmo After Dark" channel on Snapchat has some parents concerned. Some critics are calling the content pornographic.

    More >>
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A family pet saves the lives of his owners by alerting them to a fire.

The Tucson Fire Department was called out to a mobile home fire in the 3400 block of North Romero Road just after 1 a.m. Friday morning.

The residents told firefighters they were able to escape because their cat Melvin woke them up, meowing. That's when one of the residents smelled the smoke. He woke up his wife, grabbed the cat, and went outside where they said they saw flames. There were no working smoke alarms in the mobile home.

The fire destroyed the kitchen and seating area. Fire crews were able to put it out in ten minutes.

There were no injuries. The couple was offered assistance from the Red Cross.

The cause and origin of the fire are still being investigated.

Copyright 2014 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly