MFD responds to kitchen fire at Montgomery house - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

MFD responds to kitchen fire at Montgomery house

Posted: Updated:
  • More newsMore>>

  • US: Russia is firing across border into Ukraine

    US: Russia is firing across border into Ukraine

    Friday, July 25 2014 7:14 PM EDT2014-07-25 23:14:10 GMT
    The Ukrainian army has reported rebel attacks overnight throughout the restive east, claiming that at one border crossing the rebels were supported by artillery fire from the Russian side.More >>
    Russia is launching artillery attacks from its soil on Ukrainian troops and preparing to move heavier weaponry across the border, the U.S. and Ukraine charged Friday in what appeared to be an ominous escalation of the crisis.More >>
  • Chicken Salad Chick coming to Troy

    Chicken Salad Chick coming to Troy

    Friday, July 25 2014 6:53 PM EDT2014-07-25 22:53:20 GMT
    Chicken Salad Chick officially announced Friday that it is coming to the city of Troy in early 2015. The restaurant will be located at 1113 U.S. Highway 231 South. "We are very excited to make our initialMore >>
    Chicken Salad Chick officially announced Friday that it is coming to the city of Troy in early 2015. The restaurant will be located at 1113 U.S. Highway 231 South.More >>
  • Auburn woman arrested, charged with child abuse

    Auburn woman arrested, charged with child abuse

    Friday, July 25 2014 6:48 PM EDT2014-07-25 22:48:09 GMT
    A 20-year-old Auburn woman has been arrested on charges of aggravated child abuse.  The Auburn Police Division arrested Melanie R. Mitchell on a felony warrant on Thursday, July 24. The arrest is the resMore >>
    A 20-year-old Auburn woman has been arrested on charges of aggravated child abuse.  The Auburn Police Division arrested Melanie R. Mitchell on a felony warrant on Thursday, July 24. The arrest is the result of a complaint of child abuse that was reported to police on Tuesday, July 22. More >>
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) -

The Montgomery Fire Department responded to a house fire Thursday night in the 3300 block of Carter Hill Road.

When firefighters arrived, light smoke was coming from the house. The fire was contained to the kitchen and involved the stove and cabinets, according to Lt. K.O. Jones.

One person complained of smoke inhalation and said she would go by personal vehicle to the emergency room.

No one else was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2014 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow