7-year-old girl writes book after mother's death - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

7-year-old girl writes book after mother's death

Shiloh Sanders talked about the inspiration behind her work. Shiloh Sanders talked about the inspiration behind her work.
"Shiloh's Prayer" is her first published work. "Shiloh's Prayer" is her first published work.
It was inspired by her mother before she died from lymphoma cancer in 2011. It was inspired by her mother before she died from lymphoma cancer in 2011.

(WMC-TV) - Most 7-year-old girls are playing dress up and reading books, but one Mid-South girl is the exception—not just reading but writing books.

Shiloh Sanders talked about the inspiration behind her work.

"I just started to write and print and do all this stuff," she said.

"Shiloh's Prayer" is her first published work. It was inspired by her mother before she died from lymphoma cancer in 2011.

"When I was a little baby, my mom and I would say the same prayer, 'Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray The Lord my soul to keep,' " she said.

She has lived with her grandparents since her mother's death. One night while saying her bedtime prayer Shiloh started asking about the prayer.

"I asked my grandmother who wrote this prayer. She did not have an answer for me. She said she said the same prayer when she was a little girl," said Shiloh.

Grandmother, Tammy Adolphus, encouraged her to write one. And to her surprise, Shiloh did just that.

"She says, 'That's an old prayer, and I think we need a new one,' " said Adolphus. "Because I love to pray and praise God and show what He created."

Shiloh's family has been through a lot since her mother died.

"It's been really hard for the past couple years, but now I've got my Grandma by my side it's good," said Shiloh.

But to her grandmother, Shiloh and her book have been a source of strength through it all.

"So when it got to the end, and my daughter did pass away, she says she lives with Jesus now," said Adolphus. "She took it in such a positive way even when the adults couldn't take it."

"Shiloh's Prayer" is in Barnes and Nobles bookstores. Her first book signing will take place on May 3 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Barnes and Noble Booksellers on N. Germantown Parkway.

Copyright 2014 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Subtropical Storm Alberto still chugging toward Gulf

Saturday, May 26 2018 5:23 AM EDT2018-05-26 09:23:12 GMT
    Saturday, May 26 2018 7:53 AM EDT2018-05-26 11:53:34 GMT
    A gradual strengthening is expected through the weekend as Alberto moves north. (Source: NOAA/CIRA/RAMMB/CNN)A gradual strengthening is expected through the weekend as Alberto moves north. (Source: NOAA/CIRA/RAMMB/CNN)

A storm moving slowly through the Caribbean Sea is threatening to bring heavy rainfall, mudslides, and flash floods to parts of Mexico, Cuba, Florida and the eastern U.S. Gulf Coast this weekend.

Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info

Saturday, May 26 2018 1:13 AM EDT2018-05-26 05:13:07 GMT
    Saturday, May 26 2018 7:53 AM EDT2018-05-26 11:53:26 GMT
    (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this May 5, 2018, file photo, Rudy Giuliani, an attorney for President Donald Trump, speaks in Washington.(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this May 5, 2018, file photo, Rudy Giuliani, an attorney for President Donald Trump, speaks in Washington.
    President Donald Trump's legal team wants a briefing on the classified materials shared with lawmakers.More >>

Emails show cooperation among EPA, climate-change deniers

Friday, May 25 2018 5:03 PM EDT2018-05-25 21:03:01 GMT
    Saturday, May 26 2018 7:53 AM EDT2018-05-26 11:53:24 GMT
    (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this May 16, 2018, file photo, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt testifies before a Senate Appropriations subcommittee on the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies on budget on Ca...(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this May 16, 2018, file photo, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt testifies before a Senate Appropriations subcommittee on the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies on budget on Ca...
    Newly released emails show senior Environmental Protection Agency officials collaborating with a think-tank that dismisses warnings of climate change.More >>