Incense confirmed as cause of apartment fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Incense confirmed as cause of apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
16 people had been displaced after an apartment fire last week. 16 people had been displaced after an apartment fire last week.
HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

Investigators confirmed Tuesday that a fire at a Huntsville apartment complex was caused by incense.

The fire broke out last Tuesday at Westbrooke Apartments on Bob Wallace Avenue. Firefighters arrived to find smoke pouring out of a second-story window.

One unit sustained heavy fire damage. One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. 16 people were said to have been displaced.

A woman at the scene had told investigators a burning incense stick had caught bedding on fire.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow