Late night kitchen fire forces family of 5 out of home - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Late night kitchen fire forces family of 5 out of home

Posted: Updated:
Source:TFD Source:TFD
  • More newsMore>>

  • Afghanistan crash kills 23

    Afghanistan crash kills 23

    Sunday, August 31 2014 2:52 AM EDT2014-08-31 06:52:12 GMT
    An Afghan spokesman says 23 people were killed when a passenger van and a fuel tanker collided in western Afghanistan.More >>
    A van slammed into a fuel tanker in western Afghanistan on Sunday, killing 23 people in the latest horrific accident in a country with poorly maintained roads and often reckless driving.More >>
  • Moderate earthquake hits region near Fairbanks

    Moderate earthquake hits region near Fairbanks

    Sunday, August 31 2014 2:16 AM EDT2014-08-31 06:16:12 GMT
    The Alaska Earthquake Center says a magnitude 5.1 earthquake hit 43 miles northwest of Fairbanks on Saturday night.More >>
    The Alaska Earthquake Information Center says a magnitude 5.1 earthquake hit 43 miles northwest of Fairbanks on Saturday night.More >>
  • All Filipino peacekeepers escape Golan standoff

    All Filipino peacekeepers escape Golan standoff

    Sunday, August 31 2014 12:23 AM EDT2014-08-31 04:23:58 GMT
    The Philippine military chief says more than 70 Filipino peacekeepers have escaped from two areas in the Golan Heights that came under attack by Syrian rebels.More >>
    Under cover of darkness, 40 Filipino peacekeepers made a daring escape after being surrounded and coming under fire by Syrian rebels in the Golan Heights, the Philippine military chief said Sunday, while 44 Fijian troops...More >>
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A family of five is out of their home this morning after a late night kitchen fire.

The Tucson Fire Department was called out to an apartment in the 7400 block of East 22nd Street around 9:24 Tuesday night. When they arrived, they found out a neighbor with a fire extinguisher was able to put out the fire.

It all started when the mother made dinner for the family. One of the children asked for more, but then changed his mind. His mother forgot to turn the stove off. The oil ignited and started a fire on the stove top and it extended to the cabinets.

The mother and children found the fire and ran to a neighbor's apartment for help. That's when the neighbor used the fire extinguisher to put out the flames.
No one was hurt. The family is going to stay with relatives.

Copyright 2014 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow