Man loses 200 pounds, inspires everyone around him - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Man loses 200 pounds, inspires everyone around him

Radical transformation. That's how friends and family describe a Cape Girardeau man's new look. Radical transformation. That's how friends and family describe a Cape Girardeau man's new look.
He lost so much weight, he's barely recognizable. Keith Seyer is a new man. He lost so much weight, he's barely recognizable. Keith Seyer is a new man.
"They put me on a scale," Seyer said. "That's when I found out I was 467 pounds." "They put me on a scale," Seyer said. "That's when I found out I was 467 pounds."
He pushed himself daily and the pounds fell off. He pushed himself daily and the pounds fell off.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) -

He lost so much weight, he's barely recognizable. Keith Seyer is a new man.

On September 16, 2011 the world as Seyer knew it stopped spinning.

Sometimes it takes fear to invoke change. It was a numbing reality check for a 39 -year-old.

Doctors diagnosed him with an irregular and often rapid heart beat. His weight was a major concern.

He felt shock and disappointment.

"It was a let down," Seyer said. "I had an extra 67 pounds I didn't know I had. The doctor said lose weight or die."

It was his biggest wake up call yet and Seyer wanted to live.

"Gotta do something," Seyer said.

He started out slowly.

"I walked at 1.8 miles an hour for one fourth mile and I was done," he said.

In a month, he was walking a mile.

"Eventually got to where I would do weights," Seyer said.

Keith started to notice a change. He craved more and sought out personal trainer Shawn Taylor.

Taylor taught him how to eat healthy and take his body to a whole new level.

"I was watching him slowly make a transformation," Shawn Taylor said.

He pushed himself daily and the pounds fell off.

Keith Seyer went from not being able to walk a quarter of a mile, to running in his first 5k.

"I got third in my age group," Seyer said.

He continues to inspire others, as he is known to many as a man always ready to give back.

"If I would help one person, they helped another person, then the world would be a lot easier," Seyer said.

He's always putting others first; and that hasn't changed, even with his new body, and new lease on life.

Keith Seyer is beginning to realize what his family and friends already know.

"The main thing I see, more important than anything else is that Junior (Keith) is happy," said Ryan Eftink-Keith's Friend.

"Apparently there's something here for me," Seyer said.

He's here for a reason, perhaps to motivate you.

"You can do it. If i can do it, anyone can do it," he said.

Keith Seyer has lost 200 pounds.

"I'm very proud of Keith," Shawn Taylor said. "I think his story sends a great message."

He's proving anything is possible.

Copyright KFVS 2014. All rights reserved.

US women beat Canada for gold in a 3-2 shootout thriller

Thursday, February 22 2018 2:34 AM EST2018-02-22 07:34:20 GMT
    Thursday, February 22 2018 8:15 AM EST2018-02-22 13:15:49 GMT
    (AP Photo/Matt Slocum). United States celebrates winning gold after the women's gold medal hockey game against Canada at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Gangneung, South Korea, Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018.(AP Photo/Matt Slocum). United States celebrates winning gold after the women's gold medal hockey game against Canada at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Gangneung, South Korea, Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018.

Twenty long years after taking gold when the sport debuted in 1998, the United States snapped Canada's streak of four straight Olympic golds with a 3-2 shootout victory.

Nowitzki 'disgusted' by report of hostile workplace for Mavs

Wednesday, February 21 2018 2:13 AM EST2018-02-21 07:13:50 GMT
    Thursday, February 22 2018 8:09 AM EST2018-02-22 13:09:11 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

The Dallas Mavericks have hired outside counsel to investigate allegations of inappropriate conduct by former team president Terdema Ussery in a Sports Illustrated report that described a hostile workplace environment for women.

Wise gives it all, and comes out with another Olympic gold

Wednesday, February 21 2018 11:26 PM EST2018-02-22 04:26:51 GMT
    Thursday, February 22 2018 8:08 AM EST2018-02-22 13:08:57 GMT
    (AP Photo/Gregory Bull). David Wise, of the United States, jumps during the men's halfpipe finals at Phoenix Snow Park at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018.(AP Photo/Gregory Bull). David Wise, of the United States, jumps during the men's halfpipe finals at Phoenix Snow Park at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018.

It's the seventh gold medal for the U.S. in Pyeongchang, five of which have come from snowboard and freestyle skiing events.