Woman finds $7,000 at credit union, returns it - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Woman finds $7,000 at credit union, returns it

SAGINAW, MI (WNEM) -

A Mid-Michigan resident came across $7,000 in the drive-thru station at a local credit union.

She said doing the right thing was an easy decision.

"I took the canister out, when I looked down and opened it up there were two wads of money," Sylvette Lloyd said.

She said she was shocked to find $7,000 during a trip through the drive-thru at her local credit union in Saginaw.

"I think I screamed a little," Lloyd said.

Lloyd said she was there to withdraw just a few dollars, pretty much all she had in her account. She said after the initial shock she tried to figure out what to do with all that money.

"It was a lot and I could have used that amount. We just bought this house a year ago and it needs a lot of work, and that would have pretty much covered it," Lloyd said.

She put aside her on own financial issues and immediately took the money inside the credit union.

"I knew right away I need to take this around and take it in to somebody. I need to actually put it into somebody's hands," Lloyd said.

Dana Curnett is with Team One Credit Union in Saginaw, where Lloyd found the cash. Curnett said she's had people turn in lost money in her 24 years working at the credit union, but nothing quite like that.

"Not typical stories at all, you love to hear about all the good people out there, because you just don't hear about those all the time," Curnett said.

Lloyd said as much as she could have used the money, she knew it didn't belong to her, so she said she didn't hesitate to do the right thing.

"I felt like this wasn't my blessing. I believe God has something in store for me, and it wasn't taking from somebody else," she said.

As for the person who lost the cash, the credit union said they were able to locate the rightful owner and return it.

Copyright 2014 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

Pregnant teen blocked from walking at graduation

Wednesday, May 24 2017 2:45 AM EDT2017-05-24 06:45:22 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 2:45 AM EDT2017-05-24 06:45:22 GMT

The school principal says the student and her parents signed a covenant, vowing the teen wouldn’t have sex.

Graco to recall 25,000 child car seats

Wednesday, May 24 2017 6:29 AM EDT2017-05-24 10:29:58 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 6:44 AM EDT2017-05-24 10:44:36 GMT

The seat webbing may tear, not adequately restraining the child in a crash, according to testing by the Naitonal Highway Transportation Safety Administration.

Family opens up about addiction in Upstate woman's obituary

Monday, May 22 2017 9:43 AM EDT2017-05-22 13:43:21 GMT
    Tuesday, May 23 2017 8:12 AM EDT2017-05-23 12:12:53 GMT
    Reghan Berry (Source: Mackey Mortuary)Reghan Berry (Source: Mackey Mortuary)

Addiction can be hard to talk about, but one Upstate family is opening up about the battle that claimed a 22-year-old woman's life.