Man searches internet for sperm donor father, finds sibling - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Man searches internet for sperm donor father, finds sibling

LAWRENCE, KS (KCTV) -

A local man has begun an unusual search for his family. He's already found one half-brother, but doesn't know how many others might be out there.

David Brown has two dads and a mom, and that unusual family structure is something he's struggled with wrapping his head around his entire life.

"I didn't know where I came from, so there's like half of me missing," he said.

That's because, while one man raised him, his biological father was a sperm donor.

"My dad has always been my dad and he always will be," Brown said. "There are things that I wonder about, like where did that come from."

Brown was conceived from a sperm donor at the University of Kansas Medical Center, but it was his wife Lauren who got the ball rolling on Brown's journey to find his biological father.

"I was like, ‘oh my gosh, we have to find out who this person is,'" she said.

That became difficult because the fertility clinic Brown's parents used no longer exists. Instead the couple turned to the web for help where they tracked down Brown's half-brother who is also looking for his dad.

"I didn't know if I could have other siblings out there. It made me really curious," Brown said.

He said the search is not just for him, but also for his daughters.

"For my kids I feel like it's a hole because I'd like to know medical history, for me and my kids," Brown said.

Brown says he knows exactly what he would say to his biological father if he ever met the man.

"'Thank you for doing what you did for whatever reason you did' and just that ‘I appreciate that you did that,'" he said.

Brown acknowledges that he may never make that happen and says that if he never meets the man who helped give him life, his life is still complete.

"I don't feel like I'm missing the father figure or anything like that," he said.

Click here to follow Brown's journey.

Copyright 2014 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

GOP, Democrats show no sign of retreat on shutdown's 1st day

Saturday, January 20 2018 8:06 AM EST2018-01-20 13:06:36 GMT
    Saturday, January 20 2018 6:08 PM EST2018-01-20 23:08:27 GMT
    The government shutdown has begun, and so has the finger-pointing, with President Donald Trump saying Democrats wanted to give him "a nice present" to mark the one-year anniversary of his inauguration.More >>

Missouri governor: 'no blackmail,' 'no violence' in affair

Saturday, January 20 2018 2:16 PM EST2018-01-20 19:16:33 GMT
    Saturday, January 20 2018 6:07 PM EST2018-01-20 23:07:30 GMT
    Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens says there was no blackmail or threatened violence in an extramarital affair he had in 2015.More >>

Paul Bocuse, globe-trotting master of French cuisine, dies

Saturday, January 20 2018 8:06 AM EST2018-01-20 13:06:18 GMT
    Saturday, January 20 2018 6:06 PM EST2018-01-20 23:06:51 GMT
    French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb has announced that Paul Bocuse, the world-famous master of French cuisine, has died at the age of 91. Collomb tweeted Saturday that "Mister Paul was France.More >>