Brinkerhoff-Riley responds to protective order being filed - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Brinkerhoff-Riley responds to protective order being filed

Protective order filed against Brinkerhoff-Riley Protective order filed against Brinkerhoff-Riley
(Source: Alex Jarvis) (Source: Alex Jarvis)
(Source: Alex Jarvis) (Source: Alex Jarvis)
(Source: Alex Jarvis) (Source: Alex Jarvis)
Vote Brinkerhoff Riley Facebook Page Vote Brinkerhoff Riley Facebook Page
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) -

14 News has learned that a protective order has been filed against Evansville City Councilwoman Stephanie Brinkerhoff-Riley.

The order was requested by Alex Jarvis, a local businessman and former campaign manager for Riley.

14News has also learned that Jarvis filed a report with Evansville Police following posts by Riley on her Facebook page and text messages to his partner.

In the Facebook post from Thursday night, Riley states, "Alex Jarvis needs a bullet. And that would be humane."

The post also says, "Alex or Justin Jarvis is a lying piece of s**t that you should be wary of getting involved with. Don't pay him a dime for political advice. He's a joke".

The text messages to Jarvis' partner on Thursday state, "No. I like you. Your mate should be killed".  The messages go on to say, "I feel zero remorse to his death. Zero. You should pay attention to what that piece of s**t does."

In response to these revelations, Riley posted this statement on her Facebook page:

Third Ward City Councilwoman Stephanie Brinkerhoff-Riley responded to the day's news with an admission that she suffers from alcoholism and relapsed earlier this year. Brinkerhoff-Riley stated, "I have been in recovery for some time but relapsed this spring. I had a lot of extra stress related to medical issues with one of my children, and I drank. It was not a valid excuse, but I used it and have reached for alcohol periodically since to the detriment of myself, my family, my practice and my constituents. I am deeply sorry for my offensive behavior and for embarrassing my family, clients and constituents with what is nothing more (or less) than drunk messaging/posting. I have apologized to those affected where I am able. It's not enough, but it is a start. I love this community and being an advocate, but I owe my family a healthy wife and mother first. My clients and constituents are also though entitled to the representative they thought they had when they elected or hired me. Going forward, I will evaluate my future and make some decisions based on my ability to get back to being the person you all deserve- the person I deserve."

14 News is continuing to follow these breaking developments, and we will have the latest on air, online at 14News.com and on mobile with the 14 News mobile app.

Political end to Olympics: NKorea offers talks with US

Sunday, February 25 2018 2:16 AM EST2018-02-25 07:16:08 GMT
    Sunday, February 25 2018 6:36 PM EST2018-02-25 23:36:56 GMT
    (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky). A volunteer walks in a foggy Pyeongchang Olympic Plaza during the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018.(AP Photo/Patrick Semansky). A volunteer walks in a foggy Pyeongchang Olympic Plaza during the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018.

Pyeongchang closes its chapter of the modern Olympics on Sunday night with tales of detente and competitive grit and volunteerism and verve.

China paves way for Xi Jinping to extend rule beyond 2 terms

Sunday, February 25 2018 4:05 AM EST2018-02-25 09:05:47 GMT
    Sunday, February 25 2018 6:17 PM EST2018-02-25 23:17:26 GMT
    Chinese President Xi Jinping speaks during a joint press briefing with French President Emmanuel Macron, at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018. (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein, Pool)Chinese President Xi Jinping speaks during a joint press briefing with French President Emmanuel Macron, at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018. (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein, Pool)

China's official news agency says the ruling Communist Party has proposed removing a limit of two consecutive terms for the country's president and vice president.

5 dead after tornado, flooding from central US storms

Sunday, February 25 2018 2:25 AM EST2018-02-25 07:25:46 GMT
    Sunday, February 25 2018 6:06 PM EST2018-02-25 23:06:23 GMT
    (Liz Dufour/The Cincinnati Enquirer via AP). A view from the Central Bridge shows the flooding from the Ohio River  Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018 in Cincinnati.  Forecasters expected the Ohio River could reach levels not seen since the region's deadly 1997 f...(Liz Dufour/The Cincinnati Enquirer via AP). A view from the Central Bridge shows the flooding from the Ohio River Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018 in Cincinnati. Forecasters expected the Ohio River could reach levels not seen since the region's deadly 1997 f...

A man in northeast Arkansas and a woman in south central Kentucky both were killed as the storm that also included strong winds, hail and heavy rain that triggered flooding muscled its way through the area, according to authorities.