Commercial fire costs local man his business - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Commercial fire costs local man his business

Source: Aaron Lee/ WBRC Source: Aaron Lee/ WBRC
Source: Aaron Lee/ WBRC Source: Aaron Lee/ WBRC
Source: Aaron Lee/ WBRC Source: Aaron Lee/ WBRC
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -

A local business owner lost everything in his shop after a fire broke out in 205 Customz this afternoon.

Omar Mekdad owned 205 Customz along 1st avenue north for almost seven years. Firefighters were called out to the building around 5:30 this afternoon.

Crews tried to make entry through the front but the fire was too heavy. Cars, tires and other equipment inside the building were a perfect combination to fuel the fire.

Because the fire was in the rear and it had burned through the roof a ladder was brought in to help put out the flames.

Because of the heat from the building and today's temperatures it took double the amount of crews to put out the fire. Crews were able to contain the blaze around 6 o'clock.

"I'm standing here watching it. I'm just so upset. I mean for something to lose in just seconds like that you know. God will help, God will help and that's all I need," Mekdad said.

Copyright 2014 WBRC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly