MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - During this Thanksgiving week here are just a few things for which, perhaps, we can all be grateful together.
• For America's founders, for giving us a government that will work if we will only elect good people to represent and lead us.
• For caring doctors, nurses and healthcare workers in spite of an ailing healthcare system.
• For freedom of religion and freedom from religious oppression, when so many in the Middle East die for lack of that each day.
• Thankful that in the face of a continuing worldwide economic recession, America is still by far the prettiest girl at the dance.
• For clean drinking water, when 780 million people on earth live without it.
There are many negative things in this world and in our personal lives to be sure, but I believe each of us can always find something to be grateful for. My short list for Thanksgiving is a happy and healthy family, especially a 1-year-old grandson.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving week?