One – God, divine unity
Two – Duality – human, not divine
Three – Divinity – union of humans, heaven and God
Four – Steadfastness
Five – Grace and favor
Six – Imperfections
- Completion, fulfillment, perfection and abundance
- To swear, to make an oath, to vow
Eight – Accumulation, strength, power, augmentation
Nine – Consolidation, conservation, humanness
Ten – Obedience, completeness of order
Other Number Sevens
SEVEN LETTERS - to the seven churches - Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.
SEVEN GOLDEN LAMP STANDS (1:11,20) - Symbolizes the seven churches in Asia. Churches are to be the light of the world.
SEVEN STARS (2:1) - Messengers or leaders of the church
SEVEN SPIRITS OF GOD (3:1) - the Holy Spirit.
SEVEN SEALS /JUDGMENTS (6; 8)
- Commonly known as the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- First judgment – A rider on a white horse held a bow and was given a crown – he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. White represents victory.
- Second judgment – A rider on a red horse was given the power to take peace from the earth and make men slay each other. He was given another large sword. Red is for warfare and bloodshed.
- Third judgment – Rider on a black horse holding a pair of scales. Black symbolizes famine.
- Fourth judgment – Rider on a pale horse, named Death. Given the power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, plague and he wild beasts of the earth. Pale represents death.
- Fifth Seal – Altar of souls of those who had been slain. The souls of the martyred.
- Sixth Seal – The universal judgment. Seventh Seal – Seven angels are given seven trumpets.
SEVEN TRUMPETS (8:69:11) – The trumpet blasts has 3 purposes:
- to warn that judgment is certain,
- to call the forces of good and evil into battle, and
- to announce the return of the King, the Messiah.
- First trumpet – Hail and fire mixed with blood hurled upon the earth.
- Second trumpet – A huge mountain all ablaze is thrown into the sea.
- Third trumpet – A great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky.
- Fourth trumpet – A third of the sun, moon and stars are struck and turn dark.
- Fifth trumpet – A star (believed to be Christ) falls from the sky and opens the Abyss/Hell.
- Sixth trumpet – Four demons are released to kill another ¼ of mankind (1/2 of mankind is now killed by God’s judgments).
- Seventh trumpet – (11:15) Announces the arrival of Christ (the King), the final judgment has begun.
SEVEN GOLDEN BOWLS /PLAGUES (15, 16) The bowl judgments are God's final and complete judgments on earth.