4 Servings, 1 1/2 cups each
Elbow macaroni, uncooked - 12 ounces
Green pepper, chopped - 1/2 cup
Salad dressing, mayonnaise-type - 1/4 cup
Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic powder - 1/4 teaspoon
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and cool.
2. Combine green pepper, salad dressing, and spices.
3. Add macaroni and toss lightly. Chill.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total fat 13 grams
Saturated fat 2 grams
Sodium 72 milligrams
Orange Gelatin Salad
4 Servings, 3/4 cup each
Gelatin, unflavored - Three 1/4-ounce packages
Cold Water - 2 1/4 cups
Orange juice, concentrate - 3/4 cup
1. Place water in a saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand 2 minutes.
2. Heat gelatin mixture until it dissolves (mixture will be clear), about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; add orange juice concentrate and mix.
4. Pour into 9- by 9-inch pan and refrigerate until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
5. Cut into 1-inch squares.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3 to 4 minutes
Total fat Trace
Saturated fat Trace
Sodium 16 milligrams
4 Servings, 1 1 /2 cups each
Potatoes, washed, peeled - 1 pound (4 medium)
Onion, diced - 1 cup
Sweet pickle relish - 1/4 cup
Celery, chopped - 1/2 cup
Salad dressing, mayonnaise-type - 1/2 cup
1. Wash potatoes; place in sauce pan. Cover with water and bring to boil. Simmer until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
2. Dice onion and chop celery; combine with pickle relish.
3. Add salad dressing to pickle mixture.
4. Cube potatoes and blend with dressing.
5. Cover and chill several hours.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total fat 24 grams
Saturated fat 3 grams
Sodium 290 milligrams
A North Carolina law on cremation procedures forbids the cremation of more than one person within the same cremation chamber.More >>
The Richmond Police Department released body camera and surveillance camera footage on Friday of the shooting death of Marcus-David Peters.More >>
A Wisconsin woman says changing her diet helped her win her battle against breast cancer. Now, researchers at Harvard University want to know more about that diet.More >>
The family of a student wounded during a school shooting in Indiana says she is in critical but stable condition.More >>
The Trump administration's harsh rhetoric and tougher policies toward immigrants have made some Spanish speakers self-conscious about speaking other languages in public.More >>
A flood of lawsuits over LGBT rights is making its way through courts and that'll continue, no matter what the Supreme Court decides in the case of a baker who wouldn't create a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.More >>
The governors of Florida, Alabama and Mississippi all declared states of emergency ahead of the storm.More >>