6 to 8 servings
- 1 refrigerated, folded pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, crumbled, cooked, and drained
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Unfold the pie crust and place in an 8-inch round cake pan, pressing firmly against the pan to form a crust; flute, if desired, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Swiss and Cheddar cheeses. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture into the pie crust. Top with the crumbled sausage, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream and the eggs; pour into the crust over the cheese and sausage. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges and serve.