MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - There is significant damage in parts of Montgomery County after storms moved across the state Thursday morning, according to Montgomery County authorities.
Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Assistant Chief Dave Bryan reported the following damage:
- Highway 31: Trees down and blocking roadway
- 1600 block Hayneville Ridge Road: Trees down
- Stowers Road off Matthews Road: Water main broken, trees down, minor structure damage, power lines down
- Stowers Road off Flowers Road: Significant damage
- 7500 block of Troy Highway South: Tree fell on car with minor injuries northbound lanes
- Multiple car accidents on interstate, Highways 31 and 231 south
The Montgomery County EMA was accessing Stowers Road, which is near the Montgomery/Bullock line. Director Christina Thornton said a barn lost its roof and a pull-behind motorhome was lifted off its blocks. She said there was a pathway of downed trees and powerlines for approximately three-quarters of a mile.
At one point there were more than 5,000 Alabama Power customers without service. Service was mostly restored at last check.