TROY, AL (WSFA) - Homecoming week started Monday at Troy University.
Douglas Dick, Student Government Association Vice President of Campus Activities, says this year's theme, Falling for Troy, is meant to be simplistic and embody what homecoming could be.
"One of my goals was just to create a more streamlined, simple Homecoming," Dick said. "I think our Homecoming theme is really simplistic in just celebrating how beautiful the season of fall is, but also just encouraging students to fall more deeply in love with the university that we call home."
There will be a few new events this year, including a Pie Palooza on the social quad. This event will have free pie for students, a pie eating contest and have the top five homecoming queen candidates pied in the face.
Faith Ward, director of Alumni Affairs, says there are also several events planned for alumni, including the annual reunion for WWII-era alumni, the Alumni of the Year breakfast for all past alumni of the year recipients and the Scholarship Ball.
"For alumni who haven't been back to the campus in recent years, Homecoming is a great time to see all of the many changes and new additions and to fall in love with your alma mater all over again," Ward said.
For more information about alumni events or to purchase tickets to the Scholarship Ball, contact Alumni Affairs at 334-670-3318.
Homecoming week will lead up to Troy's homecoming game against Georgia Southern at Veterans Memorial Stadium on Oct. 28.
Full list of Homecoming week events:
Monday, Oct. 23
- Homecoming Kick-off Event: 5 p.m. at Bibb Graves Quad
- Who’s Got Sound: 6:30 p.m. at Bibb Graves Quad
- Street Painting: 9 p.m. on University Avenue outside of Sartain Hall
Tuesday, Oct. 24
- Red Cross Blood Drive, day one: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at TC ballrooms
- Pie Palooza: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Social Quad
- Skit Night: 7 p.m. at Trojan Arena
Wednesday, Oct. 25
- Red Cross Blood Drive, day two: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at TC ballrooms
- Palladium Pictures: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at TC downstairs
- FALL FEST in partnership with Haunted Hill: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Sorority Hill
Thursday, Oct. 26
- Troy’s 130th Birthday Party: 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Trojan Dining
- Tailgate Event: 7 p.m. at Tailgate Terrace
- NPHC Teaser: immediately following the tailgate
Friday, Oct. 27
- Starving and Carving: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Social Quad
- WWII-Era Alumni Reunion: 5 p.m. at Stadium Club
- Pep Rally: 5 p.m. at Janice Hawkins Cultural Arts Park
- Dance: 7 p.m. at Trojan Arena
- Downtown Concert: immediately following the dance
Saturday, Oct. 28
- Alumni of the Year Breakfast: 8 a.m. at Hawkins-Adams Long Hall of Honor
- Homecoming Parade: 10 a.m. at downtown Troy
- Tailgating at the Alumni House: 11 a.m.
- Clipson Alumni Chapter Reunion: 11 a.m.
- Trojan Walk at Tailgate Terrace: 12:15 p.m.
- Pregame show with Sound of the South and Homecoming Court introductions: 2 p.m.
- Homecoming football game against Georgia Southern: 2:30 p.m.
- Halftime crowing of Homecoming Queen, Alumni of the Year recognition
- Alumni Scholarship Ball sponsored by Trojan Tailgaters Alumni Chapter: 7 p.m. at Trojan Center