Single man fosters, hopes to adopt 3 siblings - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Single man fosters, hopes to adopt 3 siblings

(Source: WTOL) (Source: WTOL)
  • Special ReportsMore>>

For sale by owner: Things to consider before you try to sell your own home

Friday, July 20 2018 11:53 AM EDT2018-07-20 15:53:59 GMT
    (Source: WTOL)(Source: WTOL)
    (Source: WTOL)(Source: WTOL)

In a hot seller's market, you may want to save some cash on commission and sell it yourself, but does "For Sale by Owner" really save you money?

In the air: Just how germy are those hand dryers in public bathrooms?

Monday, June 25 2018 5:45 PM EDT2018-06-25 21:45:19 GMT
    You probably do it without any thought, put your hands under the dryer after washing your hands at a public restroom. Have you every thought about what exactly is being blown onto your hands? Think about it, every time you flush, fecal bacteria may be shooting up into the air. In a recent national study, scientists say from there, it goes into the hand dryer and onto your hands.  "Just wash my hands, put them under there. Don't really give it no thought," Toledo resid...More >>

The path to a debt-free education? Save early and often

Friday, June 15 2018 6:10 PM EDT2018-06-15 22:10:31 GMT

Jonathan Sagaser is one of millions of American parents working to send his kids to college. "We had the inspiration to do it early on," he says. Jon and his wife own Sebastiano's Italian restaurant in South Toledo. Their three children, age six, four and two spend a lot of time there as the couple sometimes works 60 to 80 hours a week as small business owners. They plan to pay for half of each of their children's education. "I guess we just want to give them a little b...

LUCAS COUNTY (WTOL) -

Ryan and his three foster kids will teach you a little something about life and family.

To his kids, Ryan is so much more than your typical 28-year-old single guy.

Ryan agreed to foster a two-year-old boy back in June, and his plans of being married before becoming a dad went out the window.

"God put it on my heart, why wait?" Ryan said.

Days later, the boy's sisters needed a home, too. So Ryan's heart, and home, grew twice more.

"These kids need someone to love them. They need someone to give them security, to give them a home they feel safe in, " Ryan said. "Over the years I started to realize this is something I could do as a single guy, raise kids in a way that they not only know how much I love them, but how much God loves them."

It took just days for the children, who are one, two and three years old, to love him back. They call him dad.

"They just felt comfortable calling me that, and I didn't want to take that from them because they didn't have that in their life," Ryan said.

Bedtime is a typical crazy mix of brushing teeth, a sudden bad diaper and reading the Bible. He's wise, like he's been doing it forever.

"People are like, 'How do you do it?' I don't know, if you figure it out, let me know because I'm just taking it day by day, winging it," said Ryan.

"He's a very special guy. We're very proud of him," said Donna Seed with Lucas County Children Services. She said dads like Ryan are role models for children who might not otherwise have one.

"I think this is something new. I think we've placed an emphasis that dads can step up and be just as important in the lives of children, and I think society as well," he said.

Still, the question of dating comes up, and people tell Ryan it is going to be harder to date having three kids.

"I kind of look at it in the way that it weeds out the riff-raff," Ryan said. "I mean, if they're not willing to ask, they're probably not the kind of person I'd date anyways."

Ryan doesn't feel important, or the need to be praised.

"I'm honored, you know. People tell me all the time, 'Oh, they're so lucky to have you.' I don't look at it that way. I'm lucky to have them," he said. "I may not be their father forever, but I'll love them as much as I can while I have them."

The plan is for Ryan to become their forever dad. He's currently in the six-month process of adopting all three children.

Their mother is in jail, pregnant with a fourth child, whom he also plans to foster upon birth and then adopt.

LCCS has established a fund for the children after many requests from those in the community on how to help them. This money will go with the children no matter where they end up.

We hope to keep you updated on their progress toward becoming a family.

Download our app here

Copyright 2017 WTOL. All rights reserved.

Survivor recounts boat accident that killed 9 family members

Saturday, July 21 2018 12:18 AM EDT2018-07-21 04:18:54 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 12:20 PM EDT2018-07-22 16:20:30 GMT
    (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel). People pray outside Ride the Ducks, an amphibious tour operator involved in a boating accident on Table Rock Lake, Friday, July 20, 2018 in Branson, Mo.(AP Photo/Charlie Riedel). People pray outside Ride the Ducks, an amphibious tour operator involved in a boating accident on Table Rock Lake, Friday, July 20, 2018 in Branson, Mo.

More than half of the 17 people killed when a tourist boat sank on a Branson lake were members of the same Indiana family, and they likely wouldn't have been on the ill-fated trip but for a ticket mix-up.

Sunday's weather is reflecting a typical summer afternoon

Sunday, July 22 2018 12:10 PM EDT2018-07-22 16:10:06 GMT
    (Source: WSFA 12 News)(Source: WSFA 12 News)

After a crazy weather day yesterday, I'm happy to report that things are back to normal, weather-wise, today.

Trump finds it 'inconceivable' lawyer would tape a client

Saturday, July 21 2018 9:26 AM EDT2018-07-21 13:26:09 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 12:02 PM EDT2018-07-22 16:02:13 GMT
    (AP Photo/Seth Wenig, File). FILE - In this April 26, 2018 file photo, Michael Cohen leaves federal court in New York.  President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer secretly recorded Trump discussing payments to a former Playboy model who said she h...(AP Photo/Seth Wenig, File). FILE - In this April 26, 2018 file photo, Michael Cohen leaves federal court in New York. President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer secretly recorded Trump discussing payments to a former Playboy model who said she h...

President Donald Trump claims that his former personal lawyer's taping of their private phone conversations is "totally unheard of & perhaps illegal.".