TALLAHASSEE, FL (WCTV/CNN) – A Tallahassee couple said they found a dead frog in a glass of water they got at a Waffle House.
Claire Sheats said she and her husband had their drinks while waiting on their food at Waffle House.
Her husband eventually looked down at his.
“In my husband’s drink, there’s a whole frog just floating around in the water,” she said.
Sheats said they dumped the glass of water out onto the table to be sure of what they saw. He had already taken a few sips.
Sheats said the staff was as baffled as she and her husband – and the manager apologized.
“Disgust – it’s a whole frog in a water drink and you’re at a restaurant,” she said. “You have hairs in your food sometimes or maybe a little piece of plastic from packaging. But this is an amphibian – you definitely lose your appetite immediately.”
The couple left, filing a complaint with the Waffle House corporate office and the state health department.
The state report shows 11 violations, including food residue buildup in coolers, grease buildup in the cooking area, dust building up and food stored at an improper temperature.
“You don’t expect a frog,” Sheats said. “So it was quite a surprise.”
The health inspector reports the violations are not an immediate threat to the public.
“My husband and I have always enjoyed Waffle House,” Sheats said. “But being that happened, it kind of puts a bad taste in your mouth.”
Copyright 2017 WCTV via CNN. All rights reserved.