Ice cream bars recalled over possible Listeria concerns - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Ice cream bars recalled over possible Listeria concerns

Southeastern Grocers has issued a voluntary recall on multiple ice cream products (Source: FDA) Southeastern Grocers has issued a voluntary recall on multiple ice cream products (Source: FDA)
(Source: FDA) (Source: FDA)
(WALB) -

Southeastern Grocers, the parent company of Harveys, Winn-Dixie, BI-LO and Fresco y Más has issued a voluntary recall of multiple ice cream bars.

The recall is in response to a possible presence of Listeria monocytogenes.

The recall is on several Winn-Dixie and Southern Home branded ice cream products.

The products affected were sold in 12-count packages.

These are the products and UPC codes for all of the  BI-LO and Harveys stores in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina: 

  • Southern Home Orange Cream Bar – 6078801142 (12-count package)
  • Southern Home Arctic Ice Cream Bar – 60788001147 (12-count package)

These are the products and UPC for all Winn-Dixie and Fresco y Más stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi:

  • Winn-Dixie Ice Cream Bars – 2114021745 (12-count package)

In a press release from Southeastern Grocers, it states that despite the 'best by' date on the packaging, any of the previously listed products should be thrown away or returned to BI-LO, Harveys, Fresco y Más or Winn-Dixie stores for a full refund immediately.

Customers with questions about the recalled products may contact the Southeastern Grocers Customer Call Center toll-free at (866) 946-6349, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST, and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST. 

Copyright 2018 WALB. All rights reserved.

  • NewsMore>>

  • 1 SB lane open on Troy Highway after 2-vehicle crash

    1 SB lane open on Troy Highway after 2-vehicle crash

    Saturday, August 18 2018 4:32 PM EDT2018-08-18 20:32:15 GMT
    One person is in serious condition after a crash on Troy Highway Saturday. (Source: WSFA 12 News)One person is in serious condition after a crash on Troy Highway Saturday. (Source: WSFA 12 News)

    All northbound lanes are back open and one southbound lane is back open on Troy Highway after a two-vehicle crash.

    More >>

    All northbound lanes are back open and one southbound lane is back open on Troy Highway after a two-vehicle crash.

    More >>
  • Trump says he 'won't let' social media target conservatives

    Trump says he 'won't let' social media target conservatives

    Saturday, August 18 2018 9:48 AM EDT2018-08-18 13:48:43 GMT
    Saturday, August 18 2018 4:29 PM EDT2018-08-18 20:29:30 GMT
    President Donald Trump boards Air Force One at Andrews Air Force Base, Md., Friday, Aug. 17, 2018. (Source: AP Photo/Pablo MartinPresident Donald Trump boards Air Force One at Andrews Air Force Base, Md., Friday, Aug. 17, 2018. (Source: AP Photo/Pablo Martin

    President Donald Trump is accusing social media companies of "totally discriminating against Republican/Conservative voices" and says he "we won't let that happen.".

    More >>

    President Donald Trump is accusing social media companies of "totally discriminating against Republican/Conservative voices" and says he "we won't let that happen.".

    More >>
  • Italy's leader demands safe roads; bridge toll rises to 43

    Italy's leader demands safe roads; bridge toll rises to 43

    Saturday, August 18 2018 4:10 AM EDT2018-08-18 08:10:33 GMT
    Saturday, August 18 2018 4:28 PM EDT2018-08-18 20:28:57 GMT
    (Luca Zennaro/ANSA via AP). Firefighters remove debris of the collapsed Morandi highway bridge in Genoa, Italy, Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018. Italian authorities have lowered the death to 38 from 39 in the collapse of a highway bridge in Genoa. Genoa Prefec...(Luca Zennaro/ANSA via AP). Firefighters remove debris of the collapsed Morandi highway bridge in Genoa, Italy, Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018. Italian authorities have lowered the death to 38 from 39 in the collapse of a highway bridge in Genoa. Genoa Prefec...

    Italian media say three more bodies have been found in the rubble of the Genoa bridge collapse, raising the death toll to 41.

    More >>

    Italian media say three more bodies have been found in the rubble of the Genoa bridge collapse, raising the death toll to 41.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly