Couple pulls gun on woman at stoplight - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Couple pulls gun on woman at stoplight - woman pulls out phone instead of her own gun

Tyra Jones took the photo and shared it on social media because she believes she's not the only one this couple has pulled a gun on. (Source: Tyra Jones/WPMI/CNN) Tyra Jones took the photo and shared it on social media because she believes she's not the only one this couple has pulled a gun on. (Source: Tyra Jones/WPMI/CNN)

MOBILE, AL (WPMI/CNN) - An Alabama woman believes road rage caused a couple to pull a pistol on her at a busy stop light Saturday afternoon.

"The whole time I'm thinking that hopefully I get out of this OK and I get my sister out of this OK,” Tyra Jones said.

Jones was taking her 16-year-old sister to the mall for a back to school outfit when she exited Interstate 65 and was stopped at a traffic light on Airport Boulevard.

The driver pulled up next to her on the grass and said started yelling at her.

"Next thing I know he was just calling his girlfriend or wife and was telling me to get out of the car and wanted to fight. He was waving his gun and calling me all kind of, you know, names," Jones said.

She doesn't know what started it. Jones says she was driving the speed limit and guesses that made the other driver angry.

"You're waving a gun at me. That's going to give me the impression that you want to shoot me. And if you want to shoot me, you have the intent to kill," Jones said.

When they pulled out their pistol Jones didn't reach for her gun. She grabbed her phone to take a picture.

"It wasn't until I put out my phone that they reversed to get away, to leave me alone," Jones said.

She's sharing the picture to warn other drivers and hopefully keep people safe.

"More than likely, I'm not the only person they did that to," she said.

Police say threatening and pointing a gun at someone is a menacing charge, a misdemeanor.

Copyright 2018 WPMI via CNN. All rights reserved.

• Raycom reportsRaycom reportsMore>>

Trump says he 'won't let' social media target conservatives

Saturday, August 18 2018 9:48 AM EDT2018-08-18 13:48:43 GMT
    Saturday, August 18 2018 11:47 PM EDT2018-08-19 03:47:51 GMT
    President Donald Trump boards Air Force One at Andrews Air Force Base, Md., Friday, Aug. 17, 2018. (Source: AP Photo/Pablo MartinPresident Donald Trump boards Air Force One at Andrews Air Force Base, Md., Friday, Aug. 17, 2018. (Source: AP Photo/Pablo Martin

President Donald Trump is accusing social media companies of "totally discriminating against Republican/Conservative voices" and says he "we won't let that happen.".

Italy's leader demands safe roads; bridge toll rises to 43

Saturday, August 18 2018 4:10 AM EDT2018-08-18 08:10:33 GMT
    Saturday, August 18 2018 11:47 PM EDT2018-08-19 03:47:22 GMT
    (Luca Zennaro/ANSA via AP). Firefighters remove debris of the collapsed Morandi highway bridge in Genoa, Italy, Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018. Italian authorities have lowered the death to 38 from 39 in the collapse of a highway bridge in Genoa. Genoa Prefec...(Luca Zennaro/ANSA via AP). Firefighters remove debris of the collapsed Morandi highway bridge in Genoa, Italy, Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018. Italian authorities have lowered the death to 38 from 39 in the collapse of a highway bridge in Genoa. Genoa Prefec...

Italian media say three more bodies have been found in the rubble of the Genoa bridge collapse, raising the death toll to 41.

Former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan dies at age 80

Saturday, August 18 2018 6:00 AM EDT2018-08-18 10:00:29 GMT
    Saturday, August 18 2018 11:47 PM EDT2018-08-19 03:47:08 GMT
    Former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan has died at the age of 80. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)Former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan has died at the age of 80. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

Kofi Annan, one of the world's most celebrated diplomats and a charismatic symbol of the United Nations who rose through its ranks to become the first black African secretary-general, has died.