The Eight Habits of the Heart:
- Nurturing Attitude: The First Habit of the Heart. In the community, a nurturing attitude is characterized by unselfish caring, supportiveness, and a willingness to share time.
- Responsibility, Dependability: The Second and Third Habits of the Heart. Within the community, dependability is being there for others through all the times of their lives, a steady influence that makes tomorrow a welcome event; and responsibility means showing and encouraging a personal commitment to each task.
- Friendship: The Fourth Habit of the Heart. Within the community, friendship is the habit that binds people together when they take pleasure in each other's company, listen, laugh, and share good times and bad.
- Brotherhood: The Fifth Habit of the Heart. Within the community, brotherhood is the habit that reaches beyond comfortable relationships to extend a welcome to those who may be different from yourself.
- High Expectations: The Sixth Habit of the Heart. Within the community, high expectations involve believing that others can be successful, telling them so, and praising their accomplishments.
- Courage: The Seventh Habit of the Heart. Within the community, courage is standing up and doing the right thing, speaking out on behalf of others, and making a commitment to excellence in the face of adversity or the absence of support.
- Hope: The Eighth Habit of the Heart. Within the community, hope is believing in tomorrow - because you have learned to see with your heart.