Prattville Baptist Hospital Speech and Hearing Clinic
200 South Memorial Drive
Prattville, AL 36067
Phone: (334) 358-2701
Fax: (334) 358-2721
• An estimated six million children under the age of 18 have a speech or language disorder. Boys constitute two-thirds of this population.
• Ear infections account for more than 10 million physician visits by children each year at an estimated cost of more than $1 billion.
• Approximately one child in 1,000 is born deaf.
• Dysphagia, a swallowing disorder, affects 25 to 50 percent of all stroke patients.
• More than 28 million people are hearing impaired.
• Each year more than 84,000 Americans develop Aphasia, the loss of the ability to use speech and language, due to stroke or head injury.
• Articulation disorders, difficulties with the way sounds are formed and strung together, are the most common of all speech disorders.
• Presbycusis, hearing loss occurring with age, is the most prevalent, but least studied handicapping condition.
• An estimated 3.9 million people in the United States have hearing aids.
Speech and Hearing Clinic
There are many different means of communication. Whether it’s through speaking or listening, communication impacts many facets of our daily lives. Effective communication benefits us on different levels, but when our communication is disrupted, we can be left at a disadvantage. The Prattville Baptist Speech and Hearing Clinic provides a full range of speech, language and hearing diagnostic and treatment services through Prattville Baptist Hospital. The services are available to help you maximize your communication. Most people with communicative disorders can be helped with treatment, hearing aids and/or rehabilitation.
Let us help you hear the world around you. We offer a full spectrum of services to meet your hearing needs.
If you receive a hearing aid through our clinic, we offer a 30-day trial period for that hearing aid. We also include a one-year loss and damage warranty. A deposit is required with each purchase and payment options are available.
Speech-Language Pathology Services
Speaking is more than what you say, it’s about how you say it. Let us help you speak with clarity through one of our many services.
Speech-language pathology and audiology services are provided to people of all ages, infant through geriatric. Age-specific diagnostic procedures and treatment plans are individualized to meet appropriate needs. All clinicians are licensed by the state of Alabama through the Alabama Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and and certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Patients are seen by appointment only, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. All patients must be referred by a licensed physician. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (334) 358-2701.