Strawberry Shortcake Infused With Geranium Leaves:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 8 - 10 medium scented geranium leaves
- In a saucepan, gently heat all ingredients to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil for two minutes.
How to Use the Mixture:
- Pour boiling liquid over 2 cups of fresh fruit. Allow to cool and marinate several hours. Remove geranium leaves, chill and serve over shortcake or pancakes. Garnish with additional fruits and small geranium leaves.
- Strain boiling liquid over 2 cups of fresh fruit. Lightly mash fruit and allow to cool. Strain cooled liquid and use as a dessert sauce.
- Allow boiling liquid to cool to room temperature. Strain and use to sweeten tea or other cold beverage.