COPY-Boy tells Fire Marshal, fireworks burned historic trestle - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

COPY-Boy tells Fire Marshal, fireworks burned historic trestle

BROOKSIDE, Ala. Fireworks are to blame for Tuesday's fire that gutted a historic railroad trestle in the Brookside community. The unnamed boy reportedly told an investigator with the state Fire Marshal's office that he left a piece of lit fireworks on the trestle.

The rare century-old structure burned to the ground.

The Jefferson County Commission had planned to donate the 640-foot trestle as the centerpiece of a greenway project.

Its unclear if the juvenile will face criminal charges.

___

Information from the Birmingham News

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly