What is Hospice?
Hospice is a specialized form of home healthcare for patients with life-limiting illnesses. If someone in your family is struggling with end-stage disease, and curative treatments are no longer an option, you may want to consider hospice.
This unique approach to care ensures that patients live out their days as fully and comfortably as possible.
Hospice can be provided in the home, nursing home or assisted living facility. Wiregrass Hospice's full range of hospice services includes:
- Nurses 24/7
- Medical social workers 24/7
- Home health aides
- Home medical equipment and related medications
- Pain and symptom management
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Comprehensive bereavement program
- Specially trained volunteers
A patient may be considered a candidate for hospice if one or more of the statements below apply:
- Patient has a life-limiting illness
- Patient requires daily pain medication
- Patient has recurrent hospitalizations
- Patient has experienced significant weight loss
- Patient has difficulty completing daily tasks
- Patient is no longer seeking curative treatments
- Physician has determined that hospice is appropriate
- Patient and family want the benefits of hospice care