(Tuscaloosa, Ala.) -The University of Alabama has announced its Gameday plan for the upcoming Crimson Tide football season. Below is an outline of the 2007 Gameday changes. Please visit www.uagameday.com for detailed information.
"We are thrilled by the recent changes to our campus and the tremendous excitement that our fans have shown as they look forward to the upcoming football season. Fall 2007 is much anticipated and will be a very exciting time at the University of Alabama. In order to help make the Gameday experience the best for all fans, we ask that they visit www.uagameday.com to take advantage of all the information we have to share." said Gina Johnson, Associate Vice President for Auxiliary Services.
- The University of Alabama's official Gameday website, www.uagameday.com has a new look and is updated to reflect all of the 2007 Gameday changes.
- Due to campus construction, there are some road changes and relocations on the north side of campus. The most significant change is to Campus Drive, which is no longer an east to west thoroughfare through the campus.
- There is a continued emphasis on fans planning their routes to and from Bryant-Denny Stadium based upon where they park on campus.
- Along with the existing Gameday routes, additional routes are recommended to and from Bryant-Denny Stadium, which include a new route from Birmingham and an expansion of the Cottondale route.
- There will be closer coordination between University officials and law enforcement agencies in an effort to provide quick updates on traffic delays to the Crimson Tide pre and post game shows. The Tuscaloosa CVB radio station, 103.3 FM will also be used to give traffic updates.
- New pre-game and post-game one-way streets have been added for smoother traffic flow.
- In addition to the streets that were closed last football season three hours prior to kickoff, there will be some new streets around the core campus that will also close at that time.
- An updated Gameday parking and traffic map is available.
- There is increased highway directional signage.
- The Crimson Ride Transit System is a new Gameday shuttle service that will offer many stops around campus and continuous routes beginning three hours prior to kickoff. This service will be available free of charge to all fans on Gameday.
- There are five new public parking areas in 2007, all available on a first come, first served basis. The charge for these parking lots is $10 per vehicle for each game.
- Parking spaces can now be reserved for the season in the new paved soccer lot on University Boulevard, on a first come first served basis. The price for a season car parking space in this lot is $80.
- Due to campus changes, some public parking areas used in the past will no longer be available. A complete list of these parking areas can be found on www.uagameday.com.
- Adding to the list of Quad activities is a 9' x 12' jumbo screen television that will be located in the southwest area of the Quad, showing all televised home football games, as well as other games being televised that day.
- There will be a select number of reserved tailgating spots located in the central part of the Quad. These can be reserved at www.southtix.com.
- A Gameday Information Center will be located on the Quad and will have Gameday personnel available to answer questions.
- In an effort to give UA faculty, staff and students time to exit campus, tailgating set up will now begin at 6:00 p.m. on the Fridays before Gameday.
- The Quad drop off times have changed in conjunction with the new Quad set up time and the core campus road closings.
- A very limited number of public RV spaces remain in the East Campus RV Lots and will be sold on a first come first served basis. These can be purchased by calling 1-800-240-2300 or going to www.southtix.com.
- Entry time for all RVs on campus will be 6:00 p.m. on Friday.
- The University is offering a non-reservation RV lot which will be free to the public at the old Northington Campus located behind Bruno's Supermarket on McFarland Boulevard. It is available for entry on Thursday before each home game. A complete list of other off-campus lots can be found on www.uagameday.com.
"Our goal is to continue to enhance the best college football Gameday experience in the country," said Gene Hallman, President of Bruno Event Team. "We will continue to closely monitor each Gameday to determine what future improvements are needed. Given the growth of both the campus and Gameday tailgating, overall, I think fans will find this year's Gameday to be an enjoyable and safer experience."
This is Bruno Event Team's second year assisting the University in Gameday operations. For a complete overview of the 2007 football Gameday enhancements, visit the University's official Gameday website www.uagameday.com, which consists of downloadable parking, RV and Quad maps, RV information, Kickoff on the Quad activities, campus dining, traffic and parking details and information for the Bama fans and visiting fans.