Every year more than 33 million people are injured in their homes by products they didn't even know could harm them.
So to keep Americans informed of the dangers lurking in our homes the Consumer Product Safety Commission has identified the top five hidden home hazards.
Alabama Live asked Jamie Durham, with the Alabama Department of Public Health, to walk through a house and point of the hazards.
1. Something many of us have all over the refigerator--- Magnets. Since 2005 there has been one death, 86 injuries, and over 8 million magnetic toys recalled.
2. Recalled products--- Each year there about 400 recalls on everything from food to furniture.
3. Tip-overs--- Heavy furniture live television sets can cause a tipping hazard and can land on children who try to climb on them. There are an average of 22 deaths per year related to tip-over hazards and an estimated 3,000 injuries.
4. Windows & Coverings--- There are an average of 12 deaths annually from window cords and an average of 9 deaths and 3,700 injuries to children annually from window falls.
5. Pool & Spa Drains--- The hazard here is not the pool itself, though pools can be dangerous when children are around, but the drain! There were 15 injuries and 2 fatalities from 2002-2004. because of the power suction of the drains.
To view the video walk through of Mr. Durham's interview check out the video extra.